I cannot get my microsoft surface pro to bluetooth to Kickr

Help I tried to get my surface pro to bluetooth to zwift with and a Kickr. I have bluetooth on because I see the Kickr in the bluetooth in settings on the laptop. but when I try to pair with searching I get nothing. picture shows the icons in the Zwift when trying to connect. Do I need an ANT+Dongle to get it to work. I don’t think the picture uploaded.
Just need to know if the Surface pro is compatible with Zwift and Kickr, or do I need ANT+Dongle
Thank you

You cannot directly connect to Zwift using Bluetooth on a PC, you need to use the Zwift Companion App or even better get an ANT+ dongle and a USB extension.

Yea, thank you so much. but I can connect with bluetooth with my Mac Plus?

Direct connection to Zwift using Bluetooth on a Mac is fully supported, but it is not possible on a PC.

You are so helpful, I am feeling much better now. Will this ANT work for it?

https://www.wahoofitness.com/devices/accessories/usb-ant-kit

Thank you.

Yep, or you can search on Amazon and find a less expensive kit.

I would find a cable that is a little longer though, say 5-6 feet.

Me again, do I need the extension?. I put the ANT in the USB port on my PC, is that what connects the kickr and Zwift on my PC? Not sure why I need the extension.
Thank you, sorry for the questions, but nice getting answers.

1 Like

You will not regret having the USB extension cable. It allows you to put the dongle as close to the trainers power source as possible.

This is the cable I purchased: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NH11PEY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And the dongle: Amazon.com

Been using them both for over 2 1/2 years on Zwift without any issues.

Ok, great I will do, so any ANT +dongle will work?

I put the new cable in usb of PC laptop, then the ANT on the other end of the cable and put it closer to the kickr?

Last question :slight_smile:

I am not going to say any ANT+ dongle will work, but they should.

Yes, you will have little if any signal dropouts.

So who are you haha, you are just on the forum right?, not a Zwift support person, if not you should be. takes a day or two to hear back from them.

If you were local I would buy you lunch. thank you.

Bad news, I am saving your e-mail for questions down the line, LOL

And it works with your Kickr and Zwift right?

Just a regular user that has been helping people get up and running on Zwift for a little more than 2 years: Zwift Forums

Zwift has taken care of me in the past and should in the future also.

I don’t have a Kickr, I have a Tacx Santori and 4iiii Power Meter, but the connections are the same.

ok, ordering now. Thank you

1 Like

I have a Surface Book, also no connection via Bluetooth, but on a cheap HP notebook it works perfect. Connecting Ant+ Zwift does not adjust the resistance on my Kickr Core…

Hi @Thorsten_Stern and welcome to the forums!

Use the FE-C option for ANT+. I have a Kickr Core too, using ANT+ FE-C and it works perfectly on Windows 10.

1 Like