Huawei mediapad m5 problems

I have a problem with my brand new Huawei mediapad M5, not zwift related…

Having trouble connect my garmin HRM to the device, works only very seldom.
Try to connect via garmin ant±dongle.

Anyone having the same experience?

Hi Jesper, I bough this tablet because it was supposed to work and I haven’t been able to make it work.

It seems that the problem is that in the ANT Radio Service you are supposed to add permissions (this appears in gray and not in black) and then you are able to activate “use ANT hardware”.

In Settings > Apps & notifications > Apps > ANT Radio Service has under Permissions has “No permissions requested” (all in light gray and not black). Same thing in ANT USB Service or ANT+ Plugin Manager Launcher.

In the ANT Tester, under ANT support version info the Built-in firmware (AP2USB1.05) there is a red lock that if I touch it, I get a error message “x Permission > Additional permission > use ANT hardware”. Same thing, in ANT Radio Service (4.15.00) I get the exact same error message.

Does this make sense to anyone?

wich M5 model do you have?

Did you get it sorted?

Hello Andrew,
I have exactly the same problem with my tablet huawei M5 and the Ant+ connection.
Were you finally able to find a solution?
thanks for your answer, If it can’t work so hard to stop looking for a solution…
Philippe de Bordeaux France

Hi Philippe,

Unfortunately no. Before buying the M5 I asked Zwift Support if it was OK to use the M5+Tacx ANT+ dongle and the response was yes.

The solution might be in grant permissions to ANT hardware (Settings > Apps > ANT Radio Service > Permission > Additional permissions" and make sure "use ANT hardware" is enabled.*). This option does not appear available. I’ve written to both Huawei and in thisisant and never got a response.

From Zwift Support I didn’t get a response either, other than asking if the problem was solved.

I hope that can can get it right!

Cheers,

Andrew

Sorry Alan, I hadn’t seen this message. I’ve just replied to Philippe the following:

Unfortunately no. Before buying the M5 I asked Zwift Support if it was OK to use the M5+Tacx ANT+ dongle and the response was yes.

The solution might be in grant permissions to ANT hardware ( Settings > Apps > ANT Radio Service > Permission > Additional permissions" and make sure "use ANT hardware " is enabled.*). This option does not appear available. I’ve written to both Huawei and in thisisant and never got a response.

From Zwift Support I didn’t get a response either, other than asking if the problem was solved.

Huawei MediaPad M5 (2020)

Hi!

Does anyone have found solutions for this problem?

I have a Huawei Mediapad M5, Kickr bike and Tickr HRM. I have no problems connecting sensors in Zwift. On the pairing screen, Zwift searches on both Ant and Bluetooth, but I don’t know which it ends up using.

I have the Ant software installed but I don’t use a dongle. I thought the tablet had the Ant hardware built in, but I could be wrong. The Ant software doesn’t have any permissions granted.

So just a thought – have you tried without the dongle?

There is not build-in ANT.

You need to install 3 apps
Ant+ radio
Ant+ service
Ant+ manager