How to do a recovery ride on Zwift

I’m pretty new to Zwift and loving it so far…however…
I realise I am pretty much beasting myself every ride, got a new FTP the other which I was pretty chuffed about for example! I am a bike coach so I know the importance of recovery, easy days hard days etc
What I am struggling with on Zwift is how to do an easy ride, all the programmes are pretty tough, understandably, and when you just ride on the courses there are enough climbs etc to make it sticky enough, and also pathetically my naturally competitive streak cant stop me jumping on the wheel either :slight_smile:
What do the rest of you do if you want to go easy? :thinking:

1. Turn off trainer difficulty in settings
  2. Choose a route with the least elevation
  3. Pick a TT bike
  4. ???
  5. PROFIT

Or join 1.5wk/g social rides and stay around the beacon. Sadly those rides are rare.

(a coach who can’t make himself stay in Zone 1, interesting)

1 Like

Use the zwift hack to ride in another world where you’ll be pretty much on your own.

Or just take it easy and not thrash yourself. I’m sure you’re capable of that.

1 Like

Thanks chaps, and you’re right Gleb “(a coach who can’t make himself stay in Zone 1, interesting)” :blush:
Do as I say not as I do and all that :wink:

1 Like

I have a pre/post race workout programmed. If I recall it’s 4x 6 minute ramp ups, then a few short intervals that touch on my FTP and beyond but very briefly with a long period of easy pedaling between.

It helps shake me out a day or two before an event and it gets me loosened back up and recovered afterward.

2 Likes

How do you create a custom workout? :confused:

1 Like

Ignore that! I asked Google :slight_smile:
I’ll give it a go.

2 Likes

What’s making you pedal so hard? Going easier seems like a matter of just going down to an easier gear.