How to chat

(Henry Wang) #1

I noticed that from time to time people chat via text during the game. How is this done? Thanks!

(Shawn DeBoer) #2

Mobile phone interface seems best. I’ve seen mention of voice-to-text via mobile device - that would be optimal. I’m on a laptop and, even with the keyboard near, I’m not about to peck out an IM.

(Eric Kutter (Bend, ORZ)) #3

with the ‘M’ key, who sees it? How close do they need to be? With the phone, you target a specific person.

(Ramon Hermida) #4

Press ‘M’

(Harvey Keefe) #5

I must buy one of those mini Bluetooth keyboards that some riders have, and keep in their jersey pocket, as I can’t easily reach my laptop mid-ride to send an IM.

(Ramon Hermida) #6

From what I understand, the Iphone app let’s you dashboard functionality, and that includes chat. i have not seen it on the Apple store though

(Lynette Curtiss) #7

Does the app do anything else aside from chat?

(Eric Kutter (Bend, ORZ)) #8

The iPhone app is a test release and Apple restricts test releases to 1000 people I think, which I believe Zwift has already allocated. Currently the app has three pages. One for your stats that you already see at the top of the computer screen, one that gives you a list of commands such as “wave” and “nice job” which you can already do using the computer function keys, and the 3rd page shows you a similar list of riders to what you see on the computer screen with addition of being able to click on a button to send someone a message. They have other pages planned. I was hoping you could use it, or a tablet app, instead of the computer for viewing the world but I don’t know if that is in the plans.

The group chat of the “M” button is actually pretty interesting.

(Chris O'Hearn Masters (E)) #9

Thanks Eric - I was going to ask how to get the mobile add-on but I guess I have to wait and just ignore people who try to chat.

If I put the keyboard at the side where I can reach I will get a kink in my neck from looking at it :wink: