How is everyone doing "Ride Ons" so easily?

At the end of any event with a results list, you can click a ride-on next to each rider in the list quite easily, or just drop a few bombs straight after the finish to dish out some to the riders you finish with.

2 Likes

That’s gold. Thanks David, I’ll give that a go tonight.

1 Like

So that I understand, in the Rode With list at the end, if I click on the Ride On symbol next to the name, they will get a Ride On?
I have clicked on this and I haven’t noticed anything that confirms that they have received a Ride On from me. The thumb symbol hasn’t changed colour or anything. Am I supposed to see something? I am using a MacBook

Some people send the same message, I assume the messages are generated by a 3rd party program with macros. Either that or they are sitting at the side of the road typing

In free rides, I click on the map periodically to give 5 to people around me.

Honestly, at this point, I give out the most immediately before and after riding. When riding with the pace partners, I used to give out ride-ons using the map on the companion app quite frequently. Then, after the ride was over, in the summary screen, I’d follow everyone who’d given me a ride on. I think I’m following ~2,000 people at this point. Nowadays, whenever I open the companion app, I hit the blue thumb at the top to give ride ons to all the people I’m following. That can only give out 100 ride ons at a time. On a busy time, I sometimes have to hit it 3 times before I’ve given a ride on to everyone I’m following. Do that before and after a ride and some days I’ve given out 400+ ride ons, not counting the ones I’ve given during a ride. A lot of other people seem to do the same as just about any ride over 45 minutes or so these days results in over 100 ride ons (unless I’m riding at an odd time that I don’t usually ride during so no one I follow and no one who follows me is online).

1 Like

I bet they don’t allow it in races because then you could cheat by weighing down your competitors’ jerseys with the heavy blue thumbs.

3 Likes

Either weigh them down or at least affect their aerodynamics by making their pockets bulge.

1 Like

It’s now Nov 2022 as I post this - is the Zwift proximity ride on button, in the app, still working? The last several rides that I’ve done… when I look at that circle and arrow button the map on the zwift app… it hasn’t worked to give the proximity ride ons which used to be possible.

Works for me! I use it a lot to annoy everyone around me (so sorry!) and would definitely notice if it didn’t respond. I think we have heard some reports of people having problems with it but now I can’t find them.

The Ride On bomb annoys people? It doesn’t activate the “Ride On!” audio clip, it just drops the thumbs up on people.

Me! But I found out how to delete the big blue thumb when the bots were first intro’ed so dont see them any more.

1 Like

I answered my own question - for some reason the proximity rideon button definitely stopped working for me. don’t know why. But I uninstalled and then reinstalled the app and all good again.