Home Screen Theater Card and Progress Card [September 2026]

Hi Zwifters
Starting with Zwift game version 1.122, we are rolling out refinements intended to make the activities most relevant to you in a more convenient place on the Home Screen. Some Zwifters will see this new layout during a phased rollout, and we’d like to hear your thoughts about it.

  • A new “Theater Card” puts Challenges front and center on the Home screen.

  • New Progress Widget on the Homescreen makes levels, achievement counts, and route completion more visible, giving Zwifters something to chase every time they log in.

  • Personalized Recommendations are now only visible in the “For You” row.

  • The “For You” row now uses ribbons to show when planned activities are due, e.g. today, tomorrow, and day-of-week labels.

  • Estimated duration now shown on route cards when selecting a workout from the Home screen.

  • Note, with the upcoming 1.123 release your profile icon in the top right will no longer show level progress as the Progress Widget takes over that role.

Each of these elements will be rolled out in phases. Everyone should see them once the phased roll out is completed by ~mid-October. We ask for your patience if you’re still seeing the previous Home Screen experience.

3 Likes

Is the party crashers card going to take up 1/3 of the screen? I thought it was too big already under 1.121

Please add bike upgrade progress to the card

The ability to add some permanent items to the “for you” line would be nice. E.g. ride with Coco, do this specific custom workout, free ride on volcano circuit, etc.

Overarching theme, please just reduce friction to getting on with my ride. Huge cards advertising challenges or whatever and a bunch of stuff I have to scroll past is not appreciated.

4 Likes

Ooh that’s a good one; have it show selected bike and wheels and current upgrade progress.

That’s for sure a bit excessive for the current mission.


Does Zwift the game have no way to see the fitness trend data we have on Companion?
Why not just… have that to match the coming Companion update as well?


IMO, either of these would be better than listing Achievements and Badges all the time; which is only going to frustrate literally everybody, when they realize some badge or achievement is locked behind some goal or route they don’t have access to.

We DEFINITELY don’t need to see a bar graph for our current level… did the UI designers forget that was already a thing on our profile picture on the top right???

2 Likes

For those of us who are both runners and riders, will the progress card show both progress tracks, achievements, and badges? For those who are only runners, will they see their riding information (IE: 0)? Also, will the achievement counts show the bonus ones if they have not been achieved? I have no desire to “Everest”, and I can’t physically run a sub-5 min/mile (that’s only 11 seconds slower than my age-group record).

Unlike Andrew, I have no desire to see my Fitness Trend on the main UI, since it is useless without being able to track all activities (but then, we’ve beaten that horse for a while now). I do like the idea of bike upgrade progress, if only because it would remind me which bike I’m on, without having to start a ride or go to the garage first (I don’t ride that often on Zwift)

Where is that achievement number coming from? These are what I have in game, plus 10 extra credit badges off screen (missing vEverest which I may lack forever). 40ish doesn’t align with anything

12 Career achievements
21 Cycling achievements.
That’s 33.
Then there are the Extra Credit ones that only show up once you’ve achieved them. They are normally hidden.
So, 7 Extra Credit would be the 40 shown.

It would be nice if there was something actionable on the progress widget rather than a dead tile. For instance, clicking on it could give you a page that shows you your specific remaining achievements and routes to do, and make it easy to select a route that you don’t already have a route badge for - or if there’s an event only route that you don’t yet have with an event starting soon it could show those there etc… Maybe make it easy to sign up for a future event on an event-only badge you don’t have yet.

Also, having progress to the next bike upgrade, and progress towards your current challenge (such as the lightning socks challenge) would be nice to see. Depends on what people are actually working on.

1 Like

21? It says 54. Plus 10 EC that I have

12+21+10 =43

May I point you to this thread and explanation in third post.

1 Like

So why does my screenshot say 54

Edit: Looking more, I have 33 “mission” badges and 1 training plan badge, both below route badges and not numbered. Which on top of the 21 cycling achievements is…55. So old “missions” count in there but training plans don’t. This could stand to be cleaned up.

Because 54-33=21.
Where does the 33 come from?
The number of Challenges you have completed.
Does it make sense to add those Challenges to the Cycling Achievements?
No but Zwift introduced that as part of one of the fairly recent changes, ignoring the fact that some of them cover running challenges. Think it also tied in fairly closely to then stopping the awarding of challenge badges anyway !

The fact that enthusiasts are confused by this information tells the whole story. It needs work to clarify it. No Zwift feature this basic should require any investigation, or forum discussion, etc.

7 Likes

It looks like some graphic elements are not fully flushed out in the “theater card”.
The red button in Makuri should say something.

“Years-deprecated Missions are at the bottom of the list separated from Cycling Achievements by hundreds of route badges but are counted as Cycling Achievements but are not counted as Achievements” is an interesting UI choice

Suggest not counting Missions in the “Cycling Achievements” list for consistency and clarity. I wouldn’t care if that section of my badge area disappeared but I’m sure someone would complain.

1 Like

I’m not sure there’s anything too basic for a forum which discusses melanotic squirrels with pictures. :hugs:

2 Likes

I initially started Zwift, at the pairing screen I had Run selected.
The Theater Card and Progress Card were not showing, as I think is expected.
I skipped pairing sensors, then did a “Switch to Riding”.
The Theater Card and Progress Card appeared. The Progress Card showed my running level, I’m at level 14 running.


You can see I’m at level 106, as indicated next to my name.
If I start Zwift and initially select Ride, I can switch back and forth between run and ride, and the Progress Card shows the ride level when run is selected.
If I start Zwift and initially select run, when switching to ride, the Progress Card will only show the run level when run is selected.
This is repeatable.

1 Like

That would be useful, more useful than the huge banner card.

I would like to be able to choose a particular segment in Zwift to ride X amount of times in the year and track that. This data exists in companion app, so being able to add it to the progress panel and set a particular target number and then track your progress would be great.

Lots of people are doing these kinds of challenges and end up using Strava or other means to track progress.