Hey Zwift Runners, We Hear You Loud and CLEAR!

Im doing Zwift biking today and would like to be able to run also. At the moment Im thinking of investing in a smart treadmill but hesitates as I don’t now if this will be compatible with the new features you are developing. How is the advice around that.

/M

Hey Mattias, thats a good question and unfortunately, I can’t get you a good answer as a lot of it has to do with the manufacturer, their capabilities, and willingness to work with us on advanced integration characteristics. The short answer is to focus the units on our “Treadmills that connect to Zwift” list.

1 Like

So it just means to ask: WHICH OTHER APP is good to get the incline during a run, so I can combine those data later.

I also like to add, Im a user with a FIXED INCLINE on my treadmill. That way it sure would be easy to tell ZWIFT a CONSTANT number to use as incline parameter to add to any run I do.

Awesome! Can’t wait to see some of the cycling features show up on the run platform… like the custom workouts.

1 Like

Hi Mike,

I’ve just recently (yesterday!) started running on Zwift. I have an iFit compatible treadmill, and I’m hopeful that Zwift and IFit are able to come to an agreement about sharing that interface in the future.

In the meantime, it’d be helpful if the gradient changes were advertised in advance. Maybe when you were within 50-100m of a gradient change, it could have “3% in 30m… 20m… 10m… ” pop up below the current gradient, just so those of us that are keen to run hills can make the adjustment ourselves. Obviously this would help people with non-BLE treadmills also.

Thanks for all the work you guys do on a great platform.

2 Likes

Mike_McCarthy1

Just wanted to say that I appreciate the changes to Zwift running since you first posted here. The forum is more active, running routes and workouts have been added and I’m really liking the Tour d’Zwift this year. I see on DC Rainmaker that your position has been eliminated and I wish you all the best. Thank you for all you’ve done and I hope Zwift isn’t making a big mistake here.

1 Like

Well Done on the new job! Would be great to have some trail runs aswell as a 400m track - looking forward to hearing what’s in store.

New job didn’t last long

1 Like

Mike,
I’m the dev for RunCline which receives incline control from Zwift on PC or Mac and send the right commands to many smart treadmill brands. Sadly, Zwift on iOS or tvOS do not transmit the required BT messages. Only PC or Mac. Why is that? Could Zwift simply add the same thing on iOS and tvOS as they do on PC or Mac. I believe the change would not be major and more of us could benefit from incline control?

Thanks,
Pascal

Mike I should no longer in charge of Zwift Running.

As Paul wrote, Mike McCarthy left Zwift in March 2020 when Zwift restructured and eliminated a number of positions, including his, VP of Running.

Thanks Steve, Paul. True. I remember now.

Still, it would be great for Zwift to extend the current functionality to iOS and tvOS Zwift platforms. Was worth the post. :wink:

3 Likes

You can use the Fenix 6 directly with Zwift.

Congratulations! Oy vay, I am new to zwift and trying to enjoy it. Started out great, completed Running 101, did some prior exploration and ended up on a riders track. I am not a run snob, so I figured works for me. Tried to join a group run, had no idea how to do so, don’t know if I was ever part of it or not. Messages on the site said to click on the black at the top of the screen but I had none. Later I clicked the black at the top of my screen and I still was running solo. Now my avatar doesn’t move at all, I tried to recalibrate and even deleted the prior one and nothing. App recognizes and pairs with foot pod, avatar doesn’t move, just stretches and stands no matter what speed I move. Hope a fix comes soon, can’t really afford stryd and would prefer to stick with swift. Loved it while it was working, a little frustrated with lack of tech support , search and figure out on my own info seems lacking and or a tech response (from a person) or lack there of. Hanging in there for now…looking forward to improvements.

Hoping the new running pace partners indicate a renewed interest in Zwift running by the company.

1 Like

Hello there, if you are on Facebook I suggest joining the group “Zwift Runners | Facebook”, a great place to ask questions like this and get a ton of answers :grinning: Also, that post about Mike being made VP was from November 2019, he is no longer VP :roll_eyes:

I’d love to be able to earn course badges for non-runner only courses. It’s a wonderful feeling to finish harder, longer courses, and it’d be wonderful to have a badge to show for it.

Plus 1 on Zwift controlling incline. I have a Horizon 7.4AT that reliably connects for speed/distance, but incline control would be great. Kinomaps, in my case, automatically controls treadmill incline via FTMS, as it also apparently does for a wide array of other treadmills. Would be a fantastic addition to the run side, and match Zwift’s ability to control a variety of different smart trainers on the cycling side.

1 Like

Hi there
I had the same problem with my footpod and when I take out battery and put back in it works

But friend has runn and she having the same problem and there is no battery to take out did u ever get yours running

I thought a long time ago that a Greek course of Marathon would be a cool feature. But not a bunch of Greek ruins. Rather what they would have looked like in their prime. And for completing a full 26.2, you get a wreath crown too. (oh and as a cyclist a gladiator-styled velodrome would be special too. :sweat_smile:)