Help choose a tablet

Hello. I guess this has been asked many times but need advice buying a tablet for Zwift.

My wife got me a smart trainer for xmas and i didn’t really think about how I would run Zwift. My laptop just stopped working and i don’t need to replace it. My wife as let me use her laptop but she needs it when i am on Zwift. It works ok on my phone (Samsung s7) but thinking of getting a tablet for a bigger screen. I won’t need the tablet for anything else.

Google brought up a link to bestmamba which had a review of best tablets for Zwift

And the Vankyo 7 inch looks good for the price but don’t mind spending a bit more, around £160 mark. Any suggestions?

My suggestion would be an AppleTV 4K and skip the tablet since you will probably want to upgrade later.

3 Likes

I agree with the apple tv option that Paul A suggests, you can use a computer monitor or more or less anything else that connects via HDMI. I did have issues with a 15 year old LCD Sony tv not working.

The reason for this is that bigger is better as far as I’m concerned. I have run Zwift on iPhone and iPad which both work fine, but 9" iPad screen still feels a bit small.

2 Likes

Thanks for replies, at present i don’t have the option of adding a tv to the current location of the trainer. Plans for a proper set up are in early stages hence why i wanted the cheaper and more portal tablet option.

Ok, that’s a shame. I was thinking about sunk costs if you’re not going to use the tablet for anything else as my apple TV & 32" smart tv were cheaper than my iPad.

I can’t really advise on non apple tablets as I haven’t owned one. But I’m sure most of them, including the Samsung ones are fine. I’m sure someone with more experience will be along shortly.

2 Likes

Cheers. Hopefully next year everything should be in place for a better set up but this was a bit of an unexpected present so wasn’t ready with what i had planned.

My thinking is that the tablet could always be passed to the kids once i am done on it.

1 Like