Gradient on companion app PLEASE!

Hi all,
It could be great to get more information about the route on the companion app.
Indeed while riding, if for some reason we can’t see the main screen (removing eyeglasse / other people looking at TV etc…), it is hard to ride correctly. For example when a climb appear it’s not possible to change the gear before.

So it could be great to get at least the route profile and the current slope somewhere in the Dashboard.

Ty

I totally agree with you on this. I was about to post the request for it.

Sometimes I like to watch TV or youtube while riding, so the only display I have is the companion app and its a shame it lacks slope information…

2 Likes

I concur, it would be very useful. Actually not just on the companion app, also on the main app. Thanks

1 Like

I agree: a simple solution would be to allow fields on the companion app to be configured, similar to a Garmin cycling computer. Many riders may not want grade, but others (for example, if grade is lost from overscan on an old TV using Apple TV) may find it important. So let users pick what’s shown in each field, for example by pushing and holding, then selecting from a list of options.

1 Like

So I LOVE the fact you can nuke all the menus on the main screen while riding. I have an iPad mini mounted to my bars running the Companion app for the map and other data but would LOVE to see the gradient added as a data screen.

And…

If we’re dreaming here…

How AWESOME would it be to be able to configure the data screens on the Companion app like you can on your Wahoo or Garmin computer?!?…a girl can dream…

I was thinking the same today riding one of the new routes with he HUD hidden. Yes, the gradient would be a fantastic addition to the Companion app.

6 Likes

Agreed. Bit weird how it’s not there tbh.

3 Likes

agree. please add gradient to companion app.
looks like there are 34 “votes”. we need more to encourage Zwift developers to work on this.

2 Likes

100% This!! - I’ve been banging on about this for ages

2 Likes

agree that we need route gradient % grade on companion app display. looks like there are 34 “votes”. we need more to encourage Zwift developers to work on this.

2 Likes

100% Agree!

If enough people request this maybe the developers will take notice…

2 Likes

If enough people request this maybe the developers will take notice. looks like there are 34 “votes”. we need more to encourage Zwift developers to work on this.

2 Likes

Slope display on companion app is even a better idea since when “no HUD” has been introduced in game.

Yes! It seems really odd to me that they would include so much data in the companion app, but not included gradient. There is no way to anticipate climbs and descents from the companion app, which is super frustrating.

2 Likes

Good, it’s not me. I thought I just couldn’t find gradient on the app.

1 Like

Is there a redesign of the companion app in the pipeline at all? It’s been basically the same for years.

1 Like

While we are adding gradient, a full view of the route elevation profile would be helpful. So used to using my Garmin with missing fields like grade, avg speed, eta to finish, and even the climb pro screen

1 Like

I admire your optimism

3 Likes

+1
Would be a good addition …

It would be nice if you could toggle each item in the HUD independently on or off like you can the power graph across the bottom of the screen via the companion app. Long tap to toggle between sections of the HUD and then tap to turn a section on and off? It would also be nice to toggle the thumbs up icon above the riders heads on and off or make it less obtrusive in the hidden HUD mode. Maybe a small thumbs up on the riders back or something?

4 Likes