Garmin Forerunner 955 does not connect with ZWIFT on Android

Hi everyone,
until recently my Garmin Forerunner 955 connected with ZWIFT in the smartphone via bluetooth using “Virtual Run” apps.
Now, it seems since the latest ZWIFT update, the watch pairs with the smartphone but ZWIFT can’t find any devices: bluetooth and location are turned on.
On desktop PC the Garmin - Zwift pairing works.
ZWIFT version on Huawei Nova 57: 1.59.0 (126283)

Anyone have the same problem?

Welcome back to Forums @Giulio_Casarotto This is Juan a Zwift colleague. I appreciate you take advantage of this space to share your concern. Garmin has now added a Virtual Run mode for Zwift, allowing you to send data like heart rate, cadence, and pace to Zwift instead of from a foot pod.

Considering that you mentioned that your Garmin Watch model is a Forerunner 955. I’d like to let you know that support is currently only offered on the Forerunner 945, 245 and Fenix watches.

If you have further questions on this regard, I encourage you to contact us at zwift.com/contact-us. The support guys would be delighted to clear up any doubt you have.

My 955 has always worked with ZWIFT on Android using “Virtual run”. And it still works well with ZWIFT on PC, always with Bluetooth. It’s only recently that ZWIFT on Android can’t find my Garmin in the devices to pair.

I think I understand the problem and therefore the solution.
On my smartphone there is the Garmin Connect App that connects with my Garmin Forerunner.
Garmin Connect also runs in the background and when I try to pair my smartwatch with ZWIFT it probably “pairs” with Connect and doesn’t leave me with ZWIFT.
To be able to connect with ZWIFT I have to go to “Settings-App” and manually kill the app.
So I can connect with ZWIFT.
Even if I restart the smartphone it can work but not always. I need to check that Connect is not running.

Thanks for the support.

Welcome back @Giulio_Casarotto Thanks for your valuable feedback. This is Juan agin, We know this as “Diverted Pairing” which is when your device is pairing to another app or another device (like your phone or computer directly) instead of just the Zwift app.

Bluetooth scenarios are difficult to pin out, I encourage you to take a look at this article ​to have an overview about this, there you will find some troubleshooting.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. You are always more than welcome