Game Update v1.73 [September 2024]

Hello Zwifters!
Phased rollout of Zwift version 1.73 begins today on Windows / macOS / Android.
Phased rollout to iOS / tvOS begins tomorrow.

• We’ve updated the on-screen stats (HUD)! The top left section now includes a power zone distribution bar and we added the ability to customize the numbers that are shown. You now have 4 customizable number slots from which you can choose cadence, heart rate, kilojoules, calories, stress score, average power, and w/kg.
  • We’re actively working on minimap improvements and other aspects of the HUD
  • We’ve also updated the center of the heads-up display to include a dynamic elevation display. Any time there’s climbing in your future Zwift will automatically display a zoomed-in elevation display showing the next 800 meters of road gradient.
  • A new type of challenge will be added to the Challenges row on September 9. This will be a group of activities that are pre-packaged for you. The first challenge is the Cardio Crusher challenge which will get you sweating and earn you extra XP for completing it.
  • Five new routes are now available to free ride and collect badges: Radio Rendezvous, Power to the Tower, Navig8, Mayan 8, and Makuri Pretzel.
  • Introduced an improved experience for browsing Training Plans in the home screen.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause some of the forest to disappear and reappear on the Suki’s Playground route in Makuri Islands.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause some roadways to flicker in New York and Watopia.
  • Fixed grass appearing on the roadway on the Quatch Quest route in Watopia.
  • Fixed some flickering rocks on the Spirit Forest route in Makuri Islands.
  • Fixed an issue where avatar hair could be visible through the Alpine hat.
  • Fixed a missing roadside sector marker on the Alpe du Zwift in Watopia.

UPDATE September 3
We’ve found a critical issue in the Windows version of game version 1.73.0. We are pausing rollout to Windows machines, and reverting PC’s to the previous version 1.72.2 while we address this issue.

We anticipate a patch will ship within 24 hours so Windows users can resume using the new features of 1.73.

UPDATE September 4

• Phased rollout to macOS and Android continues.
  • Phased rollout of 1.73 to Windows resumes.
  • Rollout to Apple TV will begin pending Apple approval.

UPDATE September 5

• Rollout to Apple TV is still pending Apple approval.
  • Phased rollout to other OS platforms continues.

UPDATE September 6

• Fixed a crash when syncing Training Peaks workouts without a title. These workouts will now appear in Zwift with a default title.

We are aware of an issue that affects a small percentage of Training Peaks users in game version 1.73.0 being discussed in this thread.

Version 1.73.2 addresses the Training Peaks issue, and is available to Windows / macOS users now on zwift.com/downloads.

Version 1.73.2 for iOS / Android / Apple TV will release next week via the Apple / Play Stores pending review by Apple and Google.

Apple TV users - we are skipping version 1.73.0 and ask for your patience so we can deliver the new heads up display (HUD) without the risk of an app crash in 1.73.2. Thanks for your patience.

Lastly - the following new routes will be available to event organizers, Meetups, and Clubs later next week after version 1.73.2 has released fully to all OS platforms.

• Watopia - Radio Rendezvous
  • Watopia - Power to the Tower
  • Watopia - Navig8
  • Watopia - Mayan 8
  • Makuri Islands - Makuri Pretzel

UPDATE September 9

• Game version 1.73.2 for tvOS has begun phased release to the App Store.
  • Phased rollout to all other OS platforms is complete. Please update at your earliest convenience.

UPDATE September 10
The following new routes are now available for to Event Organizers as well as Meetups, and Clubs.

• Watopia Radio Rendezvous
  • Watopia Power to the Tower
  • Watopia Navig8
  • Watopia Mayan 8
  • Makuri Islands - Makuri Pretzel

The following event-only routes will debut during the upcoming Zwift World Series, and will be resticted to ZHQ-organized events. They will open to Event Organizer partners, Meetups and Clubs at a later date.

• Richmond - Richmond Loop Around
  • Yorkshire - Yorkshire Double Loop
  • Makuri Islands - Shisha Shakedown

Do you have questions or issues to report? Please let us know below!

18 Likes

Here’s Zwift Insider’s post about today’s release: Zwift Update Version 1.73 (134871) Released | Zwift Insider

6 Likes

New HUD looks great and the customisation options for the top left data box are much needed; agreed a few extra data options will be good too.

The climb profile top centre is nice (graphically could do with a small polish; it needs ‘smoothing’ a little more, looks a tiny bit blocky to me as the gradients update but difficult to describe).

Main area for improvement for me; make the climb profile customisable too; simple off/on would be a start or maybe an option to move it to the side?! Just because at the moment it takes up too much screen space; especially when you add the segment timing part and then the ‘CLOSE THE GAP’ message it takes up half of the main portion of the screen. TBH Majority of the time I think the climb profile would not be needed front and centre once the elevation profile part of the minimap is updated as planned.

Really not meaning to be negative however; overall it’s a great update to the game!! :+1:t2:

10 Likes

If I may [already] put in a request for the top left element.

Since Zwift in-game already has clickable elements (tappable), like the Ride On, and clicking other riders to spectate them; could it be possible to take a page out of mobile device’s multi page main screens, so we can have two different presets and see… frankly, all of the content?

As an example if you were to click on it:

Most folks riding outdoors will have multi pages on their bike computers.

I myself have my main screen with current and relevant to the “in the right now” elements.
And I have a second page with all of my averages / totals.

The ability to have one “easily accessible”, would be appreciated.

6 Likes

Can we also turn off that dynamic elevation ?

7 Likes

Doesn’t sound like it according to Eric’s posting about it.

That said; on the KOM segments where it has the versus information … it really is too much.

I mean this is… really quite frankly stupid:

18 Likes

That elevation graph should be shown at the bottom.

5 Likes

All we need is the power profile at the bottom with the chat box up to complete the screen :joy:

2 Likes

Disagree; that’s where power graph goes (which I frankly would hate to see gone because I absolutely need it and reference it)

I like hill mode, and appreciate it.

But some older elements like the KOM / Sprint Vs stuff, and the “hold the wheel” REEEEEEEEEALLY is the issue here.

Frankly, that KOM/Sprint Vs mode can be shoved off to the left with the actual leaderboard stuff.
Replace the leaderboard with the versus mode, or make the leaderboard 1/2 the size it is, and put all that stuff over there.

I’m not trying to race someone on a segment 100% of the time, so I don’t need it up in my face 100% of the time I’m on a segment.

2 Likes

Ok, so hud completly off and use sauce it still is.

Its nice Zwift comes up with stuff and I am sure a lot will like it, but not all. So please give us also an option to turn these things off.

9 Likes

Excuse the mega janky photoshop here; trying to look like I’m working.

But this is what I would say the layout should appear as:

15 Likes

Using translucent colors it could have both the elevation and power graph.
Other cycling apps do that.

3 Likes

Hair through hat for sure sounds like a feature not a bug!

1 Like

We’ve found a critical issue in the Windows version of game version 1.73.0. We are pausing rollout to Windows machines, and reverting PC’s to the previous version 1.72.2 while we address this issue.

We anticipate a patch will ship within 24 hours so Windows users can resume using the new features of 1.73.

2 Likes

Things I like to see added in future updates :
1 - Be able to turn things off we dont want/need to see
2 - Be able to change the location of the info boxes anywhere on the screen
3 - Group/rider dynamics (distance/speed/watts)
4 - Draft numbers
5 - Avg w/kg
6 - Let us add/remove things from the playerpanel. I would like to see the speed and heartrate for example
7 - Route profile for the whole route.

3 Likes

No options for runners to change the HUD display, unlike cyclists who can change it.
Cycling

Running

I was talking to some people who have a running power meter and they said it be good for them if zwift can display the watts output like it cycling does.

1 Like

How do you reset the average power field in the new HUD? Like triggering a lap on a bike computer would do

1 Like

And to think someone disagreed with me when I made the assertion that ZHQ hates its users

@shooj has Zwift considered hiring someone competent in UI/UX with the money raised with the price increase?

10 Likes

That would be lap power, not average power, right? An average power data field would not change on a bike computer based on segments or laps or anything else.