Game Update: Titans Grove Expansion!

Hi Team,

I hope you are well.

I am going to be riding across South Africa, from Beit Bridge to Cape Town from the 24th August to the 7th September 2019 to raise awareness around Dementia and Alzheimers.

Please see below links:

https://border2beach.co.za/

https://border2beach.co.za/f/enca-live-in-studio

https://www.facebook.com/Border2beach/

I really enjoy riding on Zwift and I was wondering how I can help getting you information / data about the route we will be riding and potentially add it to Zwift one day?

Thanks a lot and I look forward to hearing from you.

Simon Clayton

2 Likes

Nobody asked for? You’ve checked that, have you? :stuck_out_tongue: Loads of us are always asking for more roads to ride!

And you know what, we’re paying customers too. :smiley:

Given Zwift’s size now, you can bet your bottom dollar that different teams are working on different aspects of the game. Development on a large project usually happens in parallel, so there are no doubt teams working on new features and bug fixes alongside teams working on more roads and artwork.

On that last point, people have different skills and roles. So a 3D artist working on some new roadside models, or a mapper laying new routes isn’t taking resources away from the network programmers working on the communication stack. Same goes for pretty much every aspect of the game. It’s not just @Jon doing it all himself any more, you know?

20 Likes

Well I wasn’t going to ride today but I will have to try this new expansion now. Looking forward to it.

5 Likes

Hi guys

I’ve noticed when thespit. Results come up that the women’s results are only posted VERY fleetingly compares to the overall and men’s. I often miss seeing where I’ve ranked.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, I’ve noticed that if I get the green jersey the icon isn’t visible against my name to me, but is to everyone else. I’ve had fellow group riders tell me I’ve won the jersey but I haven’t known?

Cheers

Meredith

3 Likes

Just completed my slowest ride on Zwift, loved the expansion and my young daughter was eager for me to show her (she loves Dinosaur’s). She was proper giggling at Mr Bear’s accident while collecting honey and was wondering who left rubber ducky behind in the water, job well done.

5 Likes

One observation from last night, which may or may not be related; while riding through Fuego Flats to the new roads, I saw a lot of people riding in circles and going off course. Far more than I’d normally see (which is almost none).

I guess this might be something to do with different game clients or netcode, and therefore expected.

2 Likes

Love the new Titan Grove ride. Thanks Zwift.

You need to start a new thread for that, this thread is for the new expansion/game update.

The Kickr Snap doesn’t report cadence, if I’m not mistaken. In that case you will need a separate cadence sensor.

Is there an updated map of where the expansion are? I ride road during summer and Zwift through the winter. Interested to see what the whole island looks like now.

Nice expansion. Nice amount of climbing but not too much. I noticed a few bugs. 1. I saw a number of riders riding in circles to my view. I am sure they were not actually riding in circles. 2. On the Fuego flat section I noticed several riders coming at my on the far right side of the road. Keep up the great work and always look forward t the next upgrade.

The team at Zwift Insider produce a great poster of Watopia so you can see the whole island … I imagine they are in the process of updating this as the moment to include the latest Fuego Flats and Titans Grove Expansions, as the latest Map I can see is from late 2018.

2 Likes

There is a map here, that shows where the new part fits in:

Hey Jon, how do I cancel my Zwift acct? Thx

Gerry Forman

Thank you so much for a new expansion!

I have a question though, I can see the new routes when I open zwift on my laptop, but on my Ipad and the Ipad of my wife the new expansion does not show up?

My wife uses her Ipad to zwift. Is the mobile expansion still on the way? (App store and the zwift app do not show any updates, last update was 18th july)

Thanks again for your work. Dont mind the acid peeërs.

I would love to be able to see the roads(taking numbers off the screen when you have the companion app or at least making them smaller), but that’s another simple request ignored by the zwift team. I get it, they want to take e-racing into the Olympics, with their made up distances and speeds, that is awesome. I want a company that can make a game that doesn’t crash after each ride.

I just joined and I’ve read their dismissive drink the kool-aid responses to their paying customers from over the years while trying to find solutions to these simple issues (I can’t choose where I want to ride? I only get a 2nd choice besides watopia based on a calander?)and the bottom line is, this is a joke of a app that’s been around for 5 years and they charge $15 a month.

This is my first month and will probably be my last.

That can be done here: The at Home Cycling & Running Virtual Training App

1 Like

Check again. My iPhone showed the update around 11:30am local time (GMT +8) today (Friday, Aug 2nd) I was using the USA app store. There should be both a Zwift app and Companion app update.

Dude I wanted the expansion!

Funny you should mention this. I saw the same. After seeing it so often, I also hypothesized that it might have to do w/them not having the updated Zwift app.