Game Update - Richmond Refresh

Hi Jon,

Nice update, thanks. Mostly excited for the UI reboot, which should make things a lot more logical (e.g. access to garage, changing route, seeing route achievements, etc).

One thing I would love is for Android graphics to be more dynamic based on the hardware. I have a Samsung tab S4 which I can easily move between treadmill and Tacx Neo bike, so not really keen to switch to a TV. It is capable of some good graphics in other games, but on zwift there are not even basic shadows. I assume this is so that it runs well on lower end hardware, but it would be great if the graphics scaled, or we could manaully tweak settings and try them like on a PC.

2 Likes

Yup. There are a bunch of new Event-specific routes that take advantage of the new reverse option.

1 Like

Same - no riders in Richmond for me but showing fine in Watopia. iPad running iOS 13.

1 Like

Sorry for my ignorance do you have a link where I can veiw them
Kind regards Dave

Great news in Richmond Zwift Team. Keep up the great work - the experience gets better and better

1 Like

ok still no riders visible, see spectators, and watopia working no pressure at all , running apple tv

1 Like

I had the same issue this morning, also Apple TV. No other riders, but the list at the side said there were ~1300 others, and others had times showing up for the sprint after the hairpin.

Which brings me to my next bug in the Richmond refresh - the sprint started right at the hairpin, as you were going into the turn, not at the start marker up the road. Related to that, the audio for the cobbles stopped a few hundred metres short of where the cobbles stopped. Start of that part was fine.

3 Likes

I guess they already have this fixed and another update will be “released in very near future”

“NOTE: For a brief time immediately after release Richmond users would have experienced being alone in the world. This is now fixed for Windows, macOS, and Android. For iOS and AppleTV users the Richmond world may still be isolated until a new update is released in the very near future.”

1 Like

I agree, looks fantastic. Thanks and great job Zwift team! Only adds to and improves my experience on Zwift.

1 Like

Not only was I riding alone in Richmond (I use an Apple TV), the sprint and Broad Street timings were way way out of wack. The countdown timers started with a distance about 4X the distance shown in the pop up tracker. So I went from 27 seconds on a 0.28km sprint to about 108 seconds. The countdown started at about 880 metres.

Someone else in that world messaged that they were seeing the same behaviors

Nelson Lacharity

1 Like

I had the same problem on Apple tv. Tried rebooting to no avail. Switched d to watopia and saw riders straight away

1 Like

Please fix meetups that send riders different directions, and meetups that go the wrong direction (e.g., Road to Sky)

2 Likes

Richmond reverse KOM segment ETAs and times are showing in seconds rather than minutes and seconds.

They’re OK in the leaderboard on the left, but the central in-progress panel is just seconds.

The full lap time is showing in minutes and seconds as expected.

How long until the next update for Apple TV? …the interface one? Right now, with the Horrible remote, it is painful to navigate. It has been more stable than my previous pc experience however. …And Richmond has gone from the conga line of the past to a ghost town. Kinda nice.

1 Like

Agreed, this needs to happen. Would be pretty cool/interesting to see some more diversity in game.

In the recent ZwiftCast interview with Eric Min, as I recall he suggested that it would be towards the end of the peak season. So, maybe March? I might be getting muddled with that, but the gist was that making such a big change at a time when lots of new people were coming to Zwift wouldn’t be a wise move.

If you want to check it out yourself to hear what he actually said, you can find the interview here:

Sorry, but I can’t remember at which point Eric talked about the new UI.

1 Like

having explained the problem to the support guys who obviously didn’t bother to read my msg about the problems with the updates a long winded generic reply suggesting i contact my internet provided was revived
what a waste of time

No other riders showing on android. Sprint and KOM’s timing starting way before " start line" so time at end is 30 seconds or so longer than should be.

I am stuck in London. Running windows 10 PC and update was completed. Uninstalled then reinstalled. No luck. Anyone else stuck in london and able to fix it? 490 other people are riding London right now too.

Good job, Richmond look so new and fresh. I did a ride this morning and I liked it a lot. Richmond was the first route I rode on Zwift so it has something special for me.

4 Likes