Game Update - May 28th, 2020

Apparently this was pulled due to A) putting all resources into keeping the platform stable due to the increase in new users and B) not wanting to confuse these new users. Don’t really buy either of those two arguments, think it was more to do with the staff “re-org”.

But a major update has been left too long now. No new roads for half a year I think. (Well before Covid impacted everything) Never known development to be so slow since I joined years ago.

11 Likes

They were due at Christmas!

It is 6 months since any new tarmac at all, and features due in 2019 still have not landed. It hasn’t just slowed, development pace has completely ground to a halt.

10 Likes

We’ve been waiting for a response for this for a month …

3 Likes

Pleeeeeease change it so we can start a new ride/change course without being forced to close game and having to reload the entire thing!

340 Likes

Upvote the feature request, it’s only about 2 years old

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Having trouble with speed

Totally, fix that problem asap… Sooo freakin annoying!! :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

I started up the zwift client at 6:30 to be at the start line for a 6:40 group ride. It is now 6:48 and I’m still waiting for the update to complete. May I suggest putting the updates AFTER the workout or as part of the shut down routine? So annoying to look forward to a ride all day a d be thwarted by a software update.

31 Likes

What about a way to access your garage or drop shop without starting a new activity.

Also, some new worlds/ routes would be really nice. You can only ride in London, Insbruck New York and Richmond so many times…

64 Likes

I’m guessing that there were Tokyo roads in the works, but it is getting frustrating considering that we haven’t seen any new free ride roads in about 260 days and no additions to Watopia for 300 days. Crit City is fun, but provides such a limited usage.

15 Likes

Thanks for the update Zwift. I know during these challenging times things would have been hectic for you guys. So many new users, events with over 10,000 people and an increased focus on the cheaters in game.
The platform has been a life saver for many people in lock down some the world. Thanks for keeping it going so smoothly.
Sure I’ve had some frustrations (drop outs and being ejected from an event early… nooooo) but they have not been on a regular occurrence. Great job Zwift :+1:t3:

98 Likes

Why are there so many things you can’t see or do until you start a ride?

View or amend FTP
View badges
Access drop shop
Access garage
View challenges e.g. Everest
View one off challenges e.g. Parlee

And why can’t you do things in the game that are in Companion? My kids are too young for smart phones and are missing group rides with their friends where they have enough devices in the house for everyone to have Companion. Couldn’t the website serve as the Companion app outside of rides?

46 Likes

Funny that you “don’t buy” A or B, considering they’re basic common sense. The company has staff to handle x customer support problems/questions. Almost overnight, the company has to support x + (a really big number), something the company is not prepared to handle well. Should the company then take the risk of releasing changes that will definitely confuse a certain percentage of old & new users? Considering the release will generate even more need for support via answering questions & inevitable bug fixes, it seems like Zwift’s decision was the only one that made any sense.

23 Likes

While I would certainly love to see some new roads in Zwift, I’m always a bit amazed at the number of complaints about this when most folks probably ride the same few routes over and over again IRL.

39 Likes

Any new about the cadence issue with Kinetic Roller on Zwift???

3 Likes

Wes:

But these aren’t the changes I wanted and after all, it is all about me. My life has been a living H_E_L_L, being forced to start the game again, in order to change my sock color. If Zwift does not address this issue, I will complain again, but next time in all caps.

/s

31 Likes

Yes please!

Because this is the major allure of zwift besides racing. It allows you to ride other roads. It keeps it fresh.

3 Likes

Could you please add an update to not restart game to change words.

37 Likes

Got tea bagged today, again. Would love to see anti-tea-bagging updates.

5 Likes