Game Update - December 17th, 2020

They confirmed the other day there are no plans to bring the game to the Android TV platform.

Love the idea of pacers but it’s a big gap between 8 minute miles and 10:45 could we have a 9/9:30 one ?

If Garmin knows my Di2 gearing, Zwift must be able to find out as well.

The latest update seems to have fixed the graphics issues I was having. Tested 2 different PCs yesterday, both worked at least as well as they used to and possibly even a bit better! Good stuff! Merry Christmas one and all!

3 Likes

Garmin doesn’t ‘know’ your Di2 gearing, you have to program that in. And Zwift adds in the twist of the ‘Trainer Difficulty’ slider, which makes the actual gearing on your bike potentially meaningless/

It has been a feature request since april. Startpage for Zwift with Settings and Garage
I would like to see that to, please vote.

1 Like

Android update now a available

Thanks for your post. As with most software development, value and need push items to the top of the backlog. @scrum master, @business owner, or anyone else Zwift, I’d ask you take a minute to read the following for long term ART/PI planning:

Priorities change, just the same as Android TV continues to take market share from Roku, which is by far a larger streaming platform than AppleTV. Roku has a far variable range of hardware, and lots of hoops to jump through to get certified on their platform (ie: HBO Max).

Easier, but similar with AppleTV, but many publishers want to appease the Apple army. Don’t get me wrong, Zwift performs well on AppleTV, but still hacky (only 3 connections available at time, so disconnect the remote or connect a sensor to companion app??).

Why lose sight of the Android TV app which is hardly any extra effort to certify on Play store, and ignore support of the platform constantly gaining market share? A need which has been made clear by more people than you can count discussing on hundreds of forums & threads for years.

Lots of parallels here to web dev ~10 years ago, where web devs had to assign tons of resources to crappy IE as other browsers continued gobbling market share, and where is IE now? Even Safari is still a minor contender in browser share. While most corporations finally moved on from IE, at least <=IE8, the Apple army still must be placated, but to what expense when there are far technically superior options.

Android TV support is a smart move with little additional effort for the long term vision of Zwift.

1 Like

Any chance of fixing the fact that it doesn’t run properly on the Galaxy Z Fold2? It has aspect ratio issues and never really starts on the big screen.

I did the update on my Ipad Pro (IOS14) and now I can’t run it anymore. It crash each time afeter login in…
Please help !!!

1 Like

Di2 can broadcast which gear you are in (as far as I am aware at least)

Zwift app on iPhone 11 Pro Max. Zwift starts and freezes during login. Can’t get to pairing screen. Force quit, and music continues to play for a while. Rebooting phone doesn’t fix it.

4 Likes

Unless something has changed, it is private ANT and not ANT+. So, unless Zwift works with Shimano ($$$), they’re probably not getting the key to decrypt the info.

As for Bluetooth, it’s probably a similar situation.

Hello.
Graphics are still not working correctly.
gmplt-1600

Was the problem with not getting the four horseman badge ever fixed?

I can no longer log in since updating I only have my phone app to use this app so I am now paying for something I can’t use I am not happy how do I rectify this

3 Likes

OK, I think it can broadcast what gear you are in (as in 1 through 20, or whatever you have), but not what gearing you have (as in 53-17) unless you program that in.

Yes, a few months ago

Same issue with iPad Pro et iPhone 12 on iOS 14.3

5 Likes

Oh this is on iPhone XR fully up to date