Game Update - April 21st, 2021

My PC running windows 10 won’t run Zwift after this update. It worked fine before. It say that the server isn’t responding and the page cannot be found. :frowning:

2 Likes

See here: Internal Server Error 400 / 403 (Clear your browser) - #184 by Dave_ZPCMR

Always grateful for updates but a bit sad that workouts don’t get the hide hud option :frowning: if the companion is active then I can see what I need to see, free riding will be much nicer though without the hud

3 Likes

Thank you. A great option for users, however, I would like to be able to see watts/kg next to the watts and HR display

4 Likes

I downloaded the update (Mac OS), and Zwift now won’t load for me. The launch screen remains blank other than the word Forbidden, and it doesn’t get past that. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled a clean version but the problem persists. Any advice? This is the first time I’ve not had a successful update…

Hi @Ronan_Mac_Con_Iomair welcome to Zwift forums.

This issue’s been reported for a week prior to today’s v1.12.0 release. Please join us on this thread for workarounds that have resolved this for most players.

2 Likes

When this update was pushed through. I was in the middle of a ride and for some reason it did not save my ride. Cannot see on companion app either. I have a windows 10 machine I use zwift on.

still looking for Android update?

No mention of fix for moving avatar while standing still (IRL) when using Zwift Run with Android app.

Hi @Lisa_V2 welcome to Zwift forums.

Shuij at Zwift HQ here. The game update wouldn’t be forced onto your computer during the middle of a session. For Windows and MacOS - that happens when you launch the game. The launcher app checks for a newer version of the game app and if available - will download it before you start your session.

As for why your ride may not have saved - most commonly it’s a disruption in WiFi at your location or somewhere between you and Zwift servers. I uploaded your log file to zwiftalizer.com and results shows intermittent network disruptions, particularly at the end when the upload may have been disrupted.

We have a Support Hub article with tips on how to improve your internet connection. Sometimes, changing the channel that your WiFi router broadcasts on can help.

3 Likes

@Kevin_Barker
As I noted above

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Steering mode stopped working [v1.12.0] [April 2021]

I have found that it is far more difficult to get the Zwift launcher to run, meaning I have had to give up joining an event and work on my Garmin instead,.With two Windows 10 laptops I would have hoped that this new version was fit for purpose especially as Zwift want me to sign up and pay for a enhanced package. I took to running a cycling as a stress busting exercise but this update has made using Zwift and getting on for an event that I have said I will attend zery stressful.

2 Likes

Clear you Internet explorer cache in control panel. And possibly in ms edge. It worked for me.

Clear you Internet explorer cache in control panel. And possibly in ms edge. It worked for me

Coincidence? Did the update on my MacBook today, joined the final stage of the tour of watopia and the app crashed 3miles from the end. Forced my MacBook to reboot!!!

I have not been able to ride because I keep getting that 403 error. Anyone else having that issue?

Hi, same issue for me.
Any update on this fix?
Thanks
Laurent

I appreciate the frequent updates and the transparency with the bug fixes.

I think these are all useful features, but one option that I would thoroughly enjoy possibly for a future update would be to control/mute the in-game Ride-On “bells/ding/chime” sound. The ride-ons are a great and motivating feature; however, the sound of a few hundred riders thumbing each other up on group rides or passing group/event rides creates a very sharp and piercing sound that is somewhat tolerable on speakers, but is painful when I’m using headphones in my house. I think an option to turn off or control that specific sound would help tremendously. I can have my music playing through my headphones at a fairly safe level and the dings will chime in at a noticeably higher volume/decibel level, which requires me to sometimes lower the overall volume all together to not feel like my ear drums are about to explode.

6 Likes

100% agree. It didn’t used to be like that but something in one of the recent updates made the Ride On sound intolerable. I would even be OK if they changed the pitch to something less ‘shrill’.

3 Likes

Shuji,

Thank you for that information. I spoke with my husband and he looked at our network traffic during that time and it seems to have been an issue between my laptop and zwift. There was no network connectivity issue otherwise. Additionally, nothing else has changed with my setup and this is only the 2nd time this has happened. The first time was when I had initially started and we resolved the wifi issues at that time. Maybe this was a random issue? How can I get my 2nd ride to post/upload?

Thank you,

Lisa