Game Update 1.33 [January 2023]

60 Million.

Lets’ see. 114 days since Holoreplays launched. Average ride distance in 2022 is 28.5km. Total ride distance in 2022 is 1.341 billion kms so the total rides would be around 47,073,868. Avg distance and total ride distance taken from a Zwift facebook page about 2022 stats.

Now we start guestimating things. Straight adjusting for 114 days that’s 14,702,523 rides but I’m going to round that up to an even 20,000,000 because it’s peak season so things are a lot busier now.

Let’s say there’s an average of 3 segments per ride (the most popular route is Tempus Fugit and riding 28.5km on that route you will pass through 3 segments). 20 million rides times 3 segments per ride makes my guess 60 million HoloReplays.

4 Likes

During my SST workout tonight, I was on Tempis Fugit, so not a ton of elevation, but I could “feel” the little bump on the middle of the desert and the power responded, so I think the trainer is working properly. Also, my output and HR relative to that output felt right.

I just ran the update and did TDZ stage 5. It’s like the trainer difficulty had set to 0. I was spinning out uphill and having to push really hard downhill. Checked settings, apparently set to the usual 50%. Shut down and went back in. Still not right. Anyone else got this problem?

1 Like

It sounds like I have a similar issue to others. My trainer resistance is still set to max (like before), but zwift is not controlling resistance with gradient changes.

• KICKR v5, up to date firmware
  • running on a Windows PC
  • ANT+ connection to trainer

Attempted fixes so far:

• restarted zwift
  • uninstalled and reinstalled zwift
  • unplugged, then replugged trainer
  • checked firmware on trainer
  • restarted PC
4 Likes

Same here. KICKR and Climb with ANT+ dongle on PC. It’s behaving as if trainer difficulty is set to 0. No variability in resistance and no movement on the Kickr Climb.

1 Like

Quick update: I switched my trainer connection to Bluetooth instead of ANT and it immediately fixed the issue. So it looks like ANT is likely the problem.

3 Likes

For all OS platforms?
I can’t even install Zwift on OS as it’s not available for older models!

The first line of the announcement is referring to all supported OS.

It’s great that HoloReplays have been added for full routes but why doesn’t it indicate in the ride results when you’ve achieved a new PR for that route? There is an indicator during the ride but not afterwards in the results. I rode two laps of Sand and Sequoias today, PR’d on lap two and it would be great to have that reflected in the ride results. Thanks.

1 Like

Trainer resistance working backwards. Less resistance uphill and more downhill.
Running on PC (Win10 with latest updates), Kickr V5, ANT+, Companion on android 13 phone.

And no drops here either.

1 Like

@Gerrie_Delport_ODZ @shooj It looks like this is a pretty widespread issue. Might want to make a separate thread for this one.

3 Likes

I’m getting 3 Sprint Ghosts - 1 Previous (correct) and 1 x fastest PR (correct) and 1 x 2nd slowest (not correct) PR - seems rather random. I would have through that PR’s would be my fastest recorded?

Good to see where on the mini-map my ghosts are for the route.

That same problem I experienced after 2 swift updates previously, uphills and down hills were reversed.
I solved It with deleting the zwift app and installing new
Atv 4k, Tacx neo2t
Regards
John

1 Like

Hmm… I’ll guess 72,720,000.
Given 10000243*(15+30+31+25),
No. riders at a given time during winter months * 24 hours in a day * guess 3 segments per hour, about the average ride length (? not really sure) * the number of days since holoreplays started.

Try a fresh install, have had the same issue before,
atv 4k , Tacx neo2t
John

2 Likes

Oh this is getting serious. I did a low 22m(ish) as everyone else was super low but felt it should be higher.

I’m pretty sure @xflintx meant to add that closest gets a free year Zwift subscription :grinning:

Scotland looks interesting!

Could some of your developers maybe spend a day or two improving the height profile / route overview? It really needs to be separated from the mini map and get enhanced. Look at any competitor how they do it. It is almost impossible to understand what is coming up now. Am I at the start of a long climb or is it just a amall bump?

2 Likes

I had this issue yesterday, but not on ATV. I think its caused by changing the bias during a workout. In addition, it seemed to return to “normal” mode after sliding through the gesture icons (icons at the bottom) in my Zwift Companion App. So I remained for 6 minutes at the Watts I ended the workout on.

I like a nice round 100 million.

1 Like

Lots of great research there.

Is there more than one holoreplay spawn per segment?