Game Update 1.31 [November 2022]

Not sure if it exclusively happens in races where a power meter must be paired to even join the race pen, but Bluetooth on the Android Zwift app keeps telling me every ~30secs in the race pen that my turbo (Saris H3) connection has been lost.

No such issue using ANT+.

Hmm, Iā€™m not noticing this on Mac.

I got my old dual CPU Mac Pro 5,1 running again (replaced faulty CPU) and did fresh install of macOS Monterey 12.6.1 on an SSD. Then loaded Zwift and Ful Gaz in this machine.

Itā€™s otherwise the same as my normal Zwift computer (dual X5690 instead of single) and about the same for speed to load Zwift.

canā€™t say iā€™ve noticed any slow down either and iā€™m running windows

Iā€™m talking 10-20secs more than the norm I expect. For many years the load time has been very consistent, so itā€™s easily noticeable to me when it changes. Exact same thing happened last time they mucked up CPU load behaviour, thatā€™s why I linked my comments from the time.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just done a clean install of Windows.

Installing the app took an age compared to normal and taking into account the clean install the load time for Zwift isnā€™t anywhere near as quick as it was the last time i did a clean install.

I have had similar issues, lot of Dropouts via Bluetooth. After reinstalling the all-in-one VCredist Package it wasnā€™t fixed. Switching to ANT only Communication between Trainer and PC, I had some drops every ~5 Minutes. So something else was wrong.

It turned out, that one of the BT Antennas of my PCIe BT Card was faulty. After fixing the WLAN Cable for 2,4GHz, its stable now.

But if I have a mixed configuration in the pairung screen, like BT (Power) and ANT (controllable) to Trainer, drops reoccur. So I prefer BT only connections.

I didnā€™t realise at first but my connection had switch from the companion app to bluetooth directly from my PC. I used the Wahoo app to put my phone somewhere close to me where I got full bars. Using the companion app I have been getting a more stable connection again. I am interested to see how ANT+ compares though. Going through my PCā€™s bluetooth directly I always seem to get drops. It never seems to be an issue with other devices, but always seems to be issues when using the trainer. I have a cable for the ANT+ device, so I will be able to put it right under my bottom bracket when it arrives. Noticed aftewards one of my antennas was actually loose on my PC as well, curious if it will help now that secured better.

Just a follow up note/edit. Switching to ANT+ significantly improved stability for me. I noticed though that the issues I was having seemed to usually happen when I paired both my HRM and trainer through my phone. Using just the trainer alone seemed more stable. I am using a Pixel 6 at the moment. ANT+ paired immediately, and I havenā€™t had any connection issues yet.

2 weeks later, and the ZwiftGPS maps are still not updated.

1 Like

I would actually like if they give access to Jesper from ZwiftHacks.com. He is always proactive with these things.

2 Likes

Myself and several others on this thread are also experiencing the same thing! It happened on the Rooftop KOM reverse and Railway Sprint reverse, both of which are not timed but are timed in the forward(?) direction.
I saw this on an iPad, game version 1.31. Havenā€™t tried on PC yet.

@James_Zwift @shooj ?

It does it on all platforms

This has never been the case for me. It always defaults to the first club in alpha order and Iā€™m always having to select from the drop-down.
I actually regularly experience several issues with the club select feature.

1. Above issue with default club always being the ā€œfirstā€ club rather than my last club selected (Note, I believe the list is sorted in ā€œjoinedā€ order vs alpha. While I like Bikealicious, I donā€™t want to post ever single ride to that club lol)
  2. If I select club before selecting pics to upload, club defaults back to ā€œfirstā€ club. Sometimes I catch it before hitting save and sometimes I donā€™t (would be great to be able to change club after save)
  3. Sometimes seemingly randomly the club select will default back to the ā€œfirstā€ club during pic select. So now I have to wait a few seconds to be extra certain everything looks fine and isnā€™t going to switch back again (from my Apple TV) before saving, all while exhausted and dropping of sweat.
  4. When I want to choose the LAST club in my list, I often have lots of trouble doing this (I use ATV) where the UI wonā€™t allow me to select it and will either select the one above it or just go back to the top of the list. Very frustrating, especially if itā€™s a newly joined or created club that I want to select.
    Finally, it really would be great to be able to select the club straight from the ZC during the save process. I understand real estate may be an issue here.

Another 2 weeks, and the ZwiftGPS maps are still not updated.
Who really does the maps on ZwiftGPS?

Another week.
46 days since release.
And the ZwiftGPS maps are still not updated.
I guess I should not expect more.
It took well over 2 months, if I recall correctly, to get the Watopia map updated when the short connector routes were added.

Isnt that a 3rd party add-on? Maybe you should ask the developer?

1 Like

I would if I really knew who did it?
Thereā€™s some uncertainty.

@Eric_Schlange_ZwftIn probably knows the answer

@Gordon_Rhino-Racing recently mentioned that WTRL is involvedā€¦

You posted in the wrong thread.
Should have posted in the 1.32 December thread.

This is the correct thread. The lack of update to the ZwiftGPS maps follows the launch of the Urukazi extension to Makuri which launched in the November update.

1 Like