Game Update 1.25 - May 12, 2022

just started my ride, but I think Mike is onto it; something is messed up with the UI layer

No FPS drops, my CPU isn’t even maxing a core out in a free ride, same places as previous tests.

But check this out; as soon as a turn choice pops up, CPU maxes out. Happens each and every time too; 100% reproducible.

As soon as the turn signal goes away; CPU drops back down

So it appears whatever this UI layer issue is, is the same that’s affecting us in workout mode.

2 Likes

The release notes state “All workouts within a Training Plan are available from the first day of the plan”. Why has this not been implemented for the run plans? I’m doing the 13.1 HM plan and the workouts are still locked.

Hi guys, I can’t find a way to ‘join another rider’ with the new main menu screen e.g. if you knew a friend was doing repeats on the Alpe you could go to that world/ course, search for them and join them at any point wherever they were. Has this feature been removed?

this feature was removed, and Zwift is working on getting this feature added back to the new Home Screen. I would recommend taking a look at this thread: New Zwift Home Screen Update [April 2022]

1 Like

@Andrew_Nuse will you open a ticket with Zwift support? This sounds very conclusive. CPU maxes out, no GPU calls, FPS tank. Maybe even worse during a workout.

It’s a bit of an Easter egg :wink:

I ran another workout session last night on the chasing the sun route through makuri and Neokyo
Suffered horrible performance slow downs on the graphics at various points in Neokyo but the makuri section was ok :man_shrugging:

Doing a 90rpm cadence and my little man in the screen looked like he was pedalling squares :rofl:

I found the same.

But my PC is far from highly spec’d so I wasn’t sure if it was just my PC struggling. But definitely worse in Neokyo than Makuri when doing a workout, seems the same when in free ride though.

1 Like

Hi @LA_whatsonzwift
No. The estimated XP’s shown in the route selector are still incorrect. We’re aware and working on getting those corrected. In the meantime, the XP that you’ll actually earn by completing those routes is correct.

3 Likes

Follow up because I wanted to make sure; it’s not just a Makuri issue, did an event in New York tonight, at the end and the turns popped up again, it was happening again.
Will put in a bug report tomorrow.

CPU at 50% until turn UI appears

Going through turn, CPU returns to low use

For what it’s worth, THIS specifically isn’t causing any performance degradation, but… I’d argue there’s certainly something wrong.
Out of everything going on in-game, a little icon with a spinny circle shouldn’t chew up half of a CPU running at 4.8GHz…

That said, I still think this might be a clue to whatever issue is going on with workouts causing the massive slowdowns.

3 Likes

@shooj @Andrew_Nuse

Worst experience since long in Watopia while doing a workout. Never have this drops during normal ride and never! had it while doing a workout before v1.25.0

I’ve seen that frame rate profile before on someone’s machine, but they use adaptive sync so it didn’t affect their experience too much. Very odd, and is definitely linked to the workout overlay.

Have VRR enabled as well so it’s bearable. But if you’re into tech as you and me, you’ll keep checking the live fps counter. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I did a workout yesterday, was just blocks of 5 minutes at a constant wattage (sounds fun right!) and the performance seemed to drop about 2 minutes into a block and then was ok for the start of the next one. I don’t have the workout/pain effect on but is there a chance it is still kicking in in the background without actually being active? Maybe that is causing the drop in frame rates?

2 Likes

I’m getting really bad graphics during workouts too. Goes all blurry whenever another rider is near me. Pain effect switched off. Far worse on Makuri today than it was on the Alpe yesterday. (Anyone else notice that the Alpe has become invisible in the mini map?)

Yeah there’s another thread about that. Lots of bugs again with this release… :neutral_face:

1 Like

NO WAY! Bugs in a new release (aka Bugdate)? How is that possible? :grin:

2 Likes

Update 1.25.1 - May 18
We’ve released update 1.25.1 for all platforms. It contains the following fix:

• Fixed an issue preventing some users from being able to change bikes in the garage.
6 Likes

I’ve created a thread regarding the fps issues while doing a workout:

As an aside, in all my 10,789 KM in Zwift over the last year and a half, I never once noticed that there was an animated circle showing how long that turn popup would last. Now that I’ve seen it, it’s all I see :laughing:

Carry on…

3 Likes