Game Update 1.24 - April 13th, 2022

I had the same problem. As soon as I saw the straight arrow instead of a left turn I knew it was screwed but just crossed fingers.

Looks like Zwift really against awarding badges for this route. Lesson seems to be that we should let some poor soul beta test it after release.

2 Likes

Mistakes can and will allways be made, but you guys claimed only the weight value is changed, but according to Zwift Insider also the Aero value has been changed. It is now 9 seconds slower on a climb as well as on the flat.The bike is now completely useless for everybody.

This is absolutely ridiculess after you guys allready messed things up several times with this one bike

We are indeed upset and annoyed.

People are riding PRā€™s with a specific bike. Once you guys start messing around with the numbers of that bike it behaves different (worse) and that PR is not attainable annymore with that specific bike.

I am level 19 atm (started in januari) and was really happy I could finnaly ride a good allround bike in Zwift, but now I need to switch my bike everytime I am going from a flat cource to a hilly cource and back. I am getting really pissed from all the bugs and changes you guys make every update.

In fact I am so pissed I am thinking about cancelling my account and try out some of the other virtual bike apps.

Personally Iā€™m far more annoyed that this frame stats thing is getting ZHQ attention over the actual performance and functionality of the game as a piece of software. Which isnā€™t to say the former shouldnā€™t be important to people too.

20 Likes

Would it not be beneficial to wait until you receive weight and aero figures from manufacturers before releasing a new frame / wheelset. If they donā€™t send you the info then you donā€™t add the items to the drop shop so itā€™s in their interest to send you the info sooner rather than later.

4 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m aware of the Ride With ā€œhandicapā€ for the new UI, however, it affects me less as I rarely ā€œRide withā€ anyone, except pace partners, which is available. And I want my shiny new UI XD

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head: I wasnā€™t expecting this response. Interesting that balancing your portfolio is what matters more than the actual performance. That does make sense why attributes appear to be semi-fluid. Iā€™m going to plead with Zwift Insider to stop publishing when they find a new bike is faster than the current Specialized asset(s) from now on. :joy:

1 Like

Welcome to Zwift. Donā€™t expect any code bugs to be removed/edited anytime soon
n :rofl: :rofl:

Well what a surprise. After a few weeks of updates with no issues :-

Patcher: ERROR #Z117, FILE ā€œPatcher.cppā€, LINE 602: Failed to download needed server files for update!

Reared its ugly head again last night, and not allowing any form up update to work. Another day of uninstall and reinstall on the cards to attempt to get this to work.

Before anyone asks - Iā€™m not sending my log files over as Iā€™ve still not had a response from the last set and that was nearly 6 weeks ago.

Time to find a new platform??

I just double checked my check-in for the weight change for this bike and the aero values of the frame were not changed.

ā€œIts Alpe du Zwift test climb time has gone from 48:54 to 49:03, while its flat time is essentially unchanged.ā€ - Zwift Insider.

2 Likes

In the comments he explains that the first test result of yesterday was wrong because of a ā€œtest anomalyā€œ, now he confirms that the flat time hasnā€™t changed.

1 Like

Yes, Zwift is not meant to be an exact 1:1 analog for outdoor riding. Zwift has our own unique in-world systems that impact many things including bike performance, aerodynamics, gravity, air density, weather, wind, road surface resistance, etc.

Do we work to align the experience to outdoor behaviors when appropriate, absolutely but it is not the highest order bit in our decision making in most cases.

This also means that there are times where we need to align features and changes in our game around how our game works, even when that deviates from real-life behaviors.

Again, I do appreciate the passion brought to this topic and understand why these types of changes can be disappointing. I donā€™t make them lightly I can assure you.

2 Likes

Just saw on Zwift Insider that an annomaly caused the aero disturbance.

Never the less I am still pissed about the fact you guys changed the parameters of the bike I bought less then 2 weeks ago. On my level (19) there are no good alternatives for the TOA so I again need to change bikes every PEEPING time instead of riding one 1 good bike constantly. Now allmost all my PRā€™s I have gathered with the TOA I will not be able to ride again the next few months.

These stupid changes are ruining the Zwift experience verry badly (not to speak of all the bugs). I think I will stop my account on Zwift verry soon.

1 Like

word

8char

3 Likes

IMHO, the difference between the old and new TOA is not enough to materially affect your experience on Zwift. Yeah, the Tron is 8 seconds faster over a 30 minute course. Unless youā€™re at the very pointy end of your category the difference is not going to result in better placings. Again, this is all In My Humble Opinionā€¦

Speaking for myself, Iā€™m running the TOA with the Enve 7.8 wheels all the time. Iā€™d run the Tron but I like the visual indication of drafting (and my avatar likes the back break) with the regular bike.

3 Likes

See above - ā€œAlpe du Zwift test climb time has gone from 48:54 to 49:03ā€. 9 seconds, +0,3%. I donā€™t know which trainer or powermeter you have, but the best ones have Ā±1%. We are speaking about peanuts (actually less than peanuts).

6 Likes

The distance is wrong on the downtown Titans. It says 14.9 miles but it is actually 15.3

Not exactly the worst thing ever but thought Iā€™d mention it

The distance remaining on the progress bar is wrong too, it counts down from the 14.9 miles so is short by a bit all the way around.

Since the update, I canā€™t create a Meerup in ZC on iOS? It says I must have a subscription to Zwift? Iā€™ve deleted app and reinstalled, signed out and back in. Still the same?!

The new music after a ride seems to not kick in sometimes (you get the old/normal tune). Perhaps dependent on world.