Game Update 1.23 - March 9th, 2022

How do I download this update? I saw the message initially when I first opened my Companion, but after clearing that message, I don’t see any way to load the latest version. I have an Android phone.

Or, is the 1.23 version for the Zwift software on my home computer? But I don’t see any ‘Update’ message on that either.

Good call Dave…big drag and frustrating that I need to join events, workouts or races during a warmup about 5 minutes before to ensure I make it in on time…Which then shortens my warmup…and I hate that!! I know…warmup sooner, 99% of the time this is not an option with work etc…You gotta fix this or RGT is looking good…no drag there!!

3 Likes

1.23 is the latest update, your PC is all set , they automatically update.

The message appears after a new version is installed, clicking on would take you to a read-me for what’s new. So it looks like your Android is set to auto-update apps (most Android devices do by default).

For full transparency I’m talking about the game taking 42-45secs to load instead of the usual ~30secs, on a desktop PC with an SSD. I fully expect some will say this is an unreasonable complaint, but that 30secs on the same hardware has been extremely consistent for literally years. The knock-on effect of this can be seen in frame rates which are lower than expected. Something is different about the game in the last two releases, and it’s negatively impacting performance.

8 Likes

The latest version number (1.23.0) applies to all OS platforms.

On this What’s New board you’re reading now, there’s a “What’s the Latest Version” thread that gets updated every time we release the game app or the Companion app.

We have a handy how-to-update article for every OS platform we support here.

1 Like

Thank you Shuji. Searching Google Play store for Zwift found it and let me update it.

Great, another steering device that I can’t use. When is Zwift going to add support for the Tacx Neo Bike? I’m sick and tired of waiting. We’ve had steering for the Wahoo Kickr and Wattbike Atom for AGES now. I want to steer too, and the Tacx Smart Bike is one of the last smart bikes to need it, and definitely the biggest one. I can’t use the Elite Steerzo for obvious reasons, so I want steering for my Tacx Neo Bike.

4 Likes

The thread returns! @Shane_Miller_GPLama You can continue making your video now :wink:

1 Like

Still no fix for the MacBook Pro Monterey graphics freeze? Does this mean waiting another month?

My summary and notes on the update: Zwift Update Version 1.23.0 (100541) Released | Zwift Insider

2 Likes

Whatever’s mashing the CPU is doing so to such an extent that I can gain like 10% more FPS by simply hiding the HUD. I’ve never seen that have such an impact before, except when intentionally maxing out my entire rig for laughs.

7 Likes

I predict it will go live in the days just after the official Zwift hardware/Smart trainer launch.

3 Likes

Agree, would love an update on wahoo direct connect.

7 Likes

That’s how I feel when running.

1 Like

I have a similar issue. Was doing build me up workout plan and on my last week. This morning “thew” was my next workout and now it’s gone! Something amiss

1 Like

I would love Tacx Neo Smart Bike steering too. Jealous of Wahoo users.

3 Likes

I have a Wahoo Kickr Bike and steering is WAY overrated. I believe the number of events supporting steering is less than 10%. Look at the Zwifthacks event calendar and select steering. There MIGHT be twenty/day and they are virtually all rides, not races. Support is better than it was last year but still not worth losing sleep over.

6 Likes

Thanks Mark. Ever tried steering on the one mountain bike route (or rather detour off maybe Sand and Sequoias)? An even more obscure use case for steering, but kinda fun (was able to steer with a phone on my old trainer setup…primitive but worth trying a few times).

1 Like

Also putting in my request for Wahoo Direct Connect support. Honestly, this should be the standard.

7 Likes