Force 4K?

I have a brand new laptop thats more then capable for 4K Zwift. However, its 1080 touchscreen and I think thats why I cant choose more then 1080P. Laptop connected to 4K TV via HDMI and Zwift on 4K TV-screen doesnt help.

Is there any possibility to force Zwift in 4K?

It all depends on which graphics card it has and if Zwift has created a 4K profile for it yet.

Nvidia Quadro P3200 w/6GB GDDR5

Zwift probability doesn’t have a 4k profile for that card yet.

It’s not really a gaming graphics card though.

it look like that card is in the ballpark of the GTX 970 and I would not run the 970 at 4k.

You can drop some of your log files into zwiftalizer.com and see what your current average frame rate is.

Actually I think it’s a 1080, but tuned for workstations and not gaming.

1 Like

You are correct I tried to match it for gaming that is where I landed on the 970.

Zwiftalizer has 3 P3200’s and all running medium settings. with slightly above average performance.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-Quadro-P3200-vs-Nvidia-GTX-970/m540317vs2577

1 Like

Shouldnt the graphic card support 1440 p at least?

I’m sure the card can, but I don’t think Zwift has a 4K profile for it yet.

You won’t get the ultra fx without a supported profile buy you might be able to force the resolution by putting this in the config node in the prefs.xml

<USER_RESOLUTION_PREF>3840x2160</USER_RESOLUTION_PREF>

and change the contents of C:\Program Files (x86)\Zwift\data\configs\medium.txt to the same as ultra.txt

res 1920x1080(0x)
sres 2048x2048
aniso 4
set gSSAO=1
set gFXAA=1
set gShowFPS=1
set g_bDrawHud=1
set gFoliagePercent=1

The Quadro P3200 will no doubt be able to draw a lot of triangles, so try this for fun …
set gFoliagePercent=5

Don’t go into the graphics settings after editing the prefs.xml

P.S. this may not work

1 Like

My computer had some problems and Dell is taking it back. Looking at the new MacBook Pro 2019, 15” model, pretty much the highest spec you could get (I9 2.4 GHz, 32 RAM)

The best GPU available is Radeon Pro Vega 20 med 4 GB HBM2-memory. Would that unlock 2160p?

I doubt it, it’s graphics performance is between the GTX 1050 and the 1050ti which I don’t think can do 2160p.

When this site is back up you can see if anyone was able to get ultra graphics within Zwift using that card: https://zwiftalizer.com/

Also, Zwift would need a 4K profile for that card.

My new Macbook came today. I can confirm that Radeon Pro Vega 20 med 4 GB HBM2-memory unlock the 4K option. Haven’t had time to test it more than standing still on the bike. The fans are on high mode though and it took several minutes for them to calm after I shut down Zwift. I wonder if the heat going to reduce the lifespan on the computer?

Hi Andreas,
I don’t know if it helps, but I run a small fan over my laptop.
I think it aids cooling the laptop. I haven’t noticed its fan on.

My laptop is a lower spec than yours though and I’m not asking
much of it in the way of graphics.

Hi
I ordered this: https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/notebook-cooler/ergostand-iii/

Hopefully it prolongs the lifespan of my Macbook.

That looks like a really nice piece of kit.
I’m sure your Macbook will appreciate it.

“Ride On”