Flag blatantly dodgy riders/rides

I rode up the Alpe du Zwift today, pushed on a bit to clock just under 50 minutes. The leader of the timed segment during my session got a time of 32 minutes. They blasted past me with a 7.2w/kg by their name.

Plenty of nearby zwifters commented this was blatant cheating, so there should be a way of flagging this in-game.

You can flag them with this form ā€¦

1 Like

Yes you can use the companion app to flag a user.

3 Likes

Oh, how do you do that?

click on their name in the companion app, use the nearby zwifters page, and if I recall correctly there is a big orange button that has a flag icon on it, or it says flag.

3 Likes

This is the opposite of sandbagging, right? Can you flag someone for something like this in a non-race event?

That is what I said in my post, you can flag them in the companion app.

Sorry, thatā€™s not what I meant. Is there actually a penalty or sanction that taken against an offender if they ā€˜cheatā€™ in a non-Race (eg. group ride)? Mind you, I donā€™t know if OP was in a race or a ride; just curious

Yes Zwift will investigate and the person can get a ā€œcone of Shameā€ (search cone of shame).

Looking at the language the OP used it can be assumed that it was a free ride.

1 Like

Was just a free ride. Iā€™m going 4.5w/kg and this guy blasts past at over 7. My companion app is always failing so Iā€™d probably have struggled to flag it anyway.

1 Like

Always use the companion app flag rider feature.

I think you flag them as ā€œflierā€. Hopefully a number of other people will do this too and the rider will get the cone of shame.

Iā€™ve seen this a lot also on the Epic KOM. Iā€™m riding both ADZ and Epic KOM every day. When you are riding at real 4.0w/kg or more then seeing these folk on ā€œsmart trainerā€ zooming past with 7.7w/kg easily, that is dodgy.

1 Like

It could have just been a bad set up or un-calibrated trainer. Not everyone is guilty of cheating, they might just have no idea that a constant 7.2 w/kg is inaccurate.

3 Likes

Its not like Zwift dont have bugs that cause this problem too!

1 Like

when we start getting into impossible numbers it should not be a case of flagging zwift should just end the session. Having to rely on users to manually flag stuff that zwift could easily deal with automatically is just making a lot of work for riders to flag and support staff to investigate

2 Likes

They actually do have that in the game. Zwift would cone riders that ride over X watts for X time. They also flag rides for completing certain segments under X minutes.

Well this time of 33 minutes up the Alpe seemed to be on the leader board for quite a long time

It lasts an hour.

1 Like

thatā€™s good to know wonder if there is more that could be done. maybe hide riders from others could be a good next step.

That I agree with totally, same as the guy doing 3.6w/kg non stop without any pause for 600km. End their rides without saving.

He appears to have gone, havenā€™t seen him since.

Seeing some guy keep going with impossible numbers doesnā€™t help motivation.

1 Like

I flagged a rider as a flier a couple weeks ago while riding Ventop. First time Iā€™ve done so.
The rider held 4.7 steady for over an hour.
France was off schedule so there were few riders so I was able to see him on the rider list for a long time.
It wasnā€™t the absolute power that caught my eye but it was the complete lack of variability.
Afterwards, I thought could someone in ERG mode have completely steady power or maybe a test bot testing new climbing frames/wheels?
I guess itā€™s possible to see some avatars on not fully appreciate what is happening.

1 Like