Favero Assioma Cadence Support

Hello,

I installed Assioma Duo pedals onto my bike today and was excited to ditch my Wahoo cadence sensor for zwift. Unfortunately, I seem unable to get Zwift to recognize the pedals as a cadence source. When I connect the left master as my power device, zwift is unable to additionally pair it as a cadence device.

I noticed that on my wahoo elemnt bolt that the assioma just shows up as a power source but also supplies cadence data to the head unit. I have a feeling that zwift, or at least the zwift android beta, does not support the assioma in this capacity. If it does not, is this a planned enhancement for a future release?

if you spin the pedals (forwards) when searching for the cadence sensor it’ll show up.

it will go to no signal once you stop but when you start in game it will work.

I have these pedals too.

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for your response. I’ll give that a try when I get home today.

Best Regards,
Derek

Did this ever work? I am trying to use my 2017 KICKR as power and controllable and Assioma Duo as just the cadence. I cannot get it to find the cadence without using an ANT+ USB adapter. It can see the Assioma duo as a power meter but not as cadence.

same experience here. my 2016 kickr can find the Assioma duo as Power meter but can’t find the cadence. My Garmin 530 found both without problem. Also I didn’t have the Garmin turned on when trying to pair it with Kickr

1 Like

Hi @Andy_Kuo

Welcome to the forum.

What devices are you using.

I use the Saris H3 as power source and controllable with the assioma as cadence on Windows.

The response I received from Favero was less than desirable. They stated it won’t work as just cadence over Bluetooth:( the pedals have been a great product besides that!

1 Like

Hi @Gerrie_Delport_ODZ ,
Thanks. I would like to use my 2016 kickr as power and controller source, Assioma duo as cadence sensor, iPad pro to run Zwift and iphone to run the Zwift companion app.

I have done some mucking around and found the following that seems to work. The trick is to make sure that Assioma Duo has to be Unified channel via the left pedal.

1. Go to Assioma app and connect to the Assioma Due and then go to “Compatibility with other Apps” and set to “Unified channel L”
  2. Start Zwift and when searching the Power choose the Assioma as the power source first
  3. Then go to Cadence source the Assioma will now be available to choose from
  4. At the course selection screen tap on the sources again and change the Power source back to the Smart trainer.
    Then everything is lined up correctly! Yay!

@Gerrie_Delport_ODZ this is probably 2 bugs on the iOS/Mac(tested same behaviour)

1. the cadence sensor can’t be found unless Assioma Duo is set to Unified Channel L. Note on my Garmin when the setting is NOT unified channel L the computer still can detect the cadence sensor on the pedal.
  2. The cadence sensor can only be detected when I select my Assioma as power source first then the device will then be able to find Assioma as cadence sensor. Once the Assioma is selected as cadence sensor, I can then change the Power back to my kickr.

Andy

3 Likes

@Andy_Kuo Great info and very detailed steps.

I can confirm the same testing result from my side. Especially the part that:

The cadence sensor can only be detected when I select my Assioma as power source first then the device will then be able to find Assioma as cadence sensor. Once the Assioma is selected as cadence sensor, I can then change the Power back to my kickr.

The RPM number will stay at 0 in paring screen but it is working correctly in rides.

My test setup:

1. Assioma Duo set to Unified Channel L
  2. Wahoo Kickr 2017.
  3. Zwift on Windows 10.

Thanks, temporarily selecting the Assioma Duo as power source worked for me :+1: