Events

Can someone help me understand how the events work in the game now. I am a bit confused as many list as A B or C but then I see the in the description that you should choose which category you want to race.  Help please.  :-)

Hi Bryce, 

Glad to hear your interested in the events!

First step is finding an event that you’re interested in, which it sounds like you’ve done! After that, we break down our races into ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ and ‘D’ categories to try and make sure that riders are racing or riding with similar skill levels. 

It’s broken down as;

A: 4.0 w/kg FTP or higher
B: 3.2 w/kg to 4.0 w/kg FTP
C: 2.5 w/kg to 3.2 w/kg FTP
D: Under 2.5 w/kg FTP

We have an in game FTP Test to help you calculate your FTP before you do any races if you are not sure of what it is currently. 

You can see a full list of our events, as well as descriptions of them, at The at Home Cycling & Running Virtual Training App

Ride On!

I have joined 2 C events and I can not keep up on the hills.  I have tried to find a D event but have not seen any listed

How do events get started?  Can we create events?

Joined a “C” race last night and hardly saw anyone, tried to join a"D" tonight and was sent to a holding pool. I believe I followed the rules, is that a glitch or did I do something wrong?

Hi, the category definition is very useful thank you. However, why is that a lot of the events organised choose not to follow this guide.  i.e. today (31/01/17) I am looking at a Cat E Race that is 1-5W/kg or a Cat C ride that is 1.7-2.3W/kg.  Both of these and many others cause confusion.  Is this because the organisers are not following the guidance?  If this is the case, there is no point in having a category as people will just run off their FTP.  I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks.

Hey Neil,

I could be wrong but if you haven’t already, I’d suggest doing the FTP test and then picking the appropriate category based on the event organizer’s categories.  Pretty sure the Zwift categories are guidelines but it sounds like event organizers may be able to customize their categories?

Cheers,

Andrew