European Flag

I am a citizen of the European Union and I would like to have the opportunity to use the Union flag. I would like you to give this possibility. thank you

Pretty sure it is available @Pietro_Vigliani, just choose the United Kingdom.

Edit, I may be confusing the EU flag with the ā€œUnion Jackā€ a.k.a the Union Flag?

1 Like

Youā€™re definitely confusing it.

Pietro, we only offer nationalities. European isnā€™t a nationality.

2 Likes

James, unfortunately that kind of answer just invites trouble. As a Brit Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve seen the Welsh, English, Scottish and Northern Irish flags in addition to the Union Jack. On issues of flags and nationalities always best just say ā€œweā€™ll look into thatā€.

6 Likes
6 Likes

The difference being is that the union flag is a national flag whereas the European Union flag is a representation of a political union and not of a nation.

no Iā€™m not confused ā€¦ Iā€™m European, as well as Italian. I believe in a union of European states all under one flag, and if you are English, Iā€™m sorry you are no longer a part of it. :eu:

3 Likes

Some people when you ask them where they come from say Europe rather than their country. Sounds fair if they want to identify as European. I on the other hand identify as Scottish, rather than British

1 Like

yes, I believe so too ā€¦ and in any case it seems to me a more than legitimate request. Then if Brexit takes you to the point of denying the existence of the European Union ā€¦ well ā€¦ thatā€™s your business. I will always be for the Union with or without a flag.

2 Likes

thatā€™s right, for you Scots it is the opposite of what I ask ā€¦ and if I have to be honest, I really hope for YOUR return to the Union. I also see very well that in addition to the Union Jack, there are individual English, Scottish, Welsh flagsā€¦. then the question is !!! why not the European flag? is it discrimination?

1 Like

No you donā€™t, you offer English, Welsh, Scottish, Northern Irishā€¦ All the peopleā€™s ā€˜nationalitiesā€™ are British.

Antarctica is not a nationality.

5 Likes

Again there is no European flag. There is a flag representing the political union of Europe but no national flag of Europe.
The union flag is a representation of a nation and yes people within may wish to be presented as a member of the individual nation within.

Iā€™m guessing from your posts Pietro that you are not a fan of the English?

I see that we have not understood each other, but thatā€™s okay ā€¦ I have no desire to waste time on nationalisms or sterile discussions still based on a vision of the world of the last century. To answer your question, yes, I donā€™t particularly like those of Brexit because I consider the isolationism that led them to repudiate the European Union as a lack of historical, present and future vision that harms all of us in the West. Anyway you voted and so ā€¦ okay ā€¦ you are out, happy and content, but I kindly ask you to avoid denying the existence of the entity you no longer belong to, but of which I am proud to belong.

6 Likes

Then there should be a nato flag, and a commonwealth flag, etc etc. Where does it end?

1 Like

I donā€™t think that Zwift flags are for ā€œentitiesā€.

Stuart, is there a reason for your desire to give offence on something that doesnā€™t affect you? You can ride under any flag you like. Now ride on.

3 Likes

There are many, many people in the UK that would happily fly the EU flag on their Zwift profile! Weā€™re not all isolationists!

5 Likes

I think you were right :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Surely this fella is a trollā€¦

Iā€™m not aware that Iā€™ve caused offence. If i have i apologise. I was merely pointing out some factual differences between nations and unions.

Of course Iā€™m free to ride under whatever flag i wish to and do so.

Pietro, you appear to be assuming that i voted to leave Europe which is a sweeping suggestion.