Erg mode in Build me up plan

(Tom Sierens) #1

I have been using zwift for 3 years together with my Elite smart B+.
However since I am using the build me up workout plan the trainer does not regulate the wattage anymore.
This is only the case in the workout plan and not in other workouts.

This is specifically an issue when needing to put high wattage at low cadence.

Anyone any idea?

(Steven D) #2

Hi Tom,

In order to investigate, can you please specify the exact workout or workouts where you encountered wattage problems in the Build Me Up Training Plan. If you let me know what workout(s) has the problem, I can take a closer look at the wattage and cadence targets in the workout, and let you know what I find. Thanks!

(Tom Sierens) #3

Hi steven
I had these problems in the following: Halvfems, Orange unicorn,
I didnt have it in What goes up must come down

Best regards
tom

(Steven D) #4

Hi again Tom,

I had a look at the Halvfems and Orange Unicorn workouts and didn’t see anything out of the ordinary, though admittedly one can’t see information beyond a visual representation of the segments and the wattage targets.

If you’re having a hard time reaching your wattage targets at low cadence, it almost sounds like ERG mode is not working correctly for you. ERG should increase your resistance to help you reach the high wattage targets at a low cadence. For example, if the resistance is very high, you won’t be able to pedal very fast (low cadence), but pushing against the difficult resistance should generate higher wattage. If that is not happening for you consistently, then it would appear there’s a technical issue preventing ERG mode from working the way it’s supposed to work.

Also, you’re not changing gears during your rides, are you? If you’re using ERG mode, you shouldn’t need to change gears on the bike. Just set your bike in a neutral gear, keep an even and steady cadence, and let the smart trainer do all the work for controlling your resistance.

(Tom Sierens) #5

Hi Steven,

That is what I am thinking as well. ERG is not working (well) when doing these exercises.
However I started a basic one and there ERG is working fine.
Also The trainer and app seem to think ERG is enabled.
I tried adjusting the difficulty but that didnt help.
Not sure what to do.

Regards
Tom

(Vincent W.) #6

Hey Tom, can you send us a support conversation with your log files the next time you try those specific workouts? We want to see if there are any slight dropouts between your trainer and Zwift.

Support Conversation link: https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
How to find log files: https://support.zwift.com/en_us/how-do-i-find-my-log-files-running--HkFCtXX8m

(Scott Hutchinson (Dcc)) #7

Was there any resolution to this? I’m having the exact same issue on this particular workout. Thanks

(David Mc Cutcheon) #8

Had erg mode issues with training session Method in Build me up. The wattage was getting stuck and not changing with each interval. I’ve only seen this in the Method workout in Build me up so fare. I’ve been going to the Bluetooth Pair command to disconnect and reconnect to get around this.