elite direto erg mode issue

Hi.
I am using my elite direto paired with zwift using bluetooth and I have issues with erg mode. The trainer has issues stabilizing the resistance; when resistance is increased and wattage go over what is specified in that segment, it is reduced, then the software is asking to keep the power higher, resistance goes up again, then goes down, etc, it is not really stabilizing.
Any idea why that is? How can I fix it?
Thank you

Hi Christos,

If ERG mode is increasing your resistance to help you reach a wattage target, then it’s doing what it’s supposed to do. We have an article on our Zwift knowledge base which discusses how to use ERG mode in Workouts. You may find it quite informative, and here’s another very good article for understanding ERG mode and how it works in Zwift.

It’s important to remember that when using ERG mode, you shouldn’t need to change gears. Make sure you stay in a neutral gear, keep a steady cadence, and let the trainer do all the work for changing your resistance.

Also, if you haven’t already done so, you want to look into how to calibrate your Elite Direto

Please give those things a try and if you’re still having problems with ERG Mode, please submit a support ticket and one of our Zwift support team members will be happy to assist you.

The latest software update on my AppleTV resulted in the Erg mode being turned off. I turned it back on manually and that seemed to fix things for now. You might check to see that Erg mode is on?

Issue fixed for me. Increased the power smoothing to 5 and (based on some feedback from the zwift support team) I don’t change gears during power changes in erg mode, I simply try to keep candence stable. The trainer takes a couple of seconds to respond, but then pretty much stabilizes at a resistance level that corresponds to “asked” power for the candence. Change of gears and/or changes of candence completely confuses the process and results in inability of the trainer to stabilize resistance.

Thank to for the elite and zwift support for your help