I own an Elite Direto for about two years now. Last year I’ve had major connectivity issues. Back then I used a BLT connection. Hence last December I started to look at the troubleshooting guide. I changed my connection to ANT+.
My setup right now:
- Elite Direto
- Decent PC with wired 200Mbit connection
- ANT+ Dongle (Amazon)
- USB extention cable (Amazon)
- Garmin Heart Rate strap
I’ve tried the following things to prevent connection dropouts to happen:
- changed my WiFi-channel to 4
- disabled USB selective suspend
The thing is that the connection of both the Direto and my Garmin heartrate strap keeps on dropping regularly. Sometimes it is just 3-5 times per session (aprox. 1h), but last week it was already 10 times in only 15 minutes.
These connection issues really reduce the fun of indoor cycling and Zwift especially. ERG-mode is a thing as well. But the main thing are the dropouts. I’ve read multiple topics, but haven’t manage to minimalise the dropouts. Right now, I’ve managed to: (i) set up a ANT+ connection with the dongle very close to the Direto, (ii) changed my wifi channel and (iii) disabled USB selective suspend.
Still, the dropouts keep occuring. I guess it must be something with the ANT+ connection itself, because the heartrate strap (batteries are quite fresh) keeps on disconnecting as well.
Some things to consider:
- Sometimes I use the companion app, sometimes I don’t
- I listen to Spotify through my browser
- I’ve connected a bluetooth speaker (via a cable actually) to my PC
- currently I have no fan
- I have my bike set up in a small bedroom. Next to the bedroom is the living room with: chromecast, ps4, sonos etc.
Does anyone have any tips to resolve this connection problem?