DZR Upsidedown Categories Race 06/03/22 08:46

Hi, I took part in this race, it is apparently a points race with modified cats.
I entered Cat C : 2,9-3,59 w/kg, finished with a 3.1 w/kg and was given UPG, my Zpower av is 3.3 w/kg.
I have 2 questions;

1. why are the modified Categories not taken into account on Zwift power - most people were dq’d.
  2. It’s supposed to be a points race, but it appears there is nowhere to view the results of the points race.

I hope someone can clarify these questions as the whole experience has left me feeling confused.
Thanks.

Description;
Attention! This is a points race. Points structure below.
Welcome to the DZR Upsidedown Categories Race.
We would like to turn categories on their head, making former low-cat riders the topdogs of these categories, pairing them with the top riders of the category normally just under them.
Please read the category limits carefully and respect them.
Cat A : 4,3-6,0 w/kg
Cat B : 3,6-4,29 w/kg
Cat C : 2,9-3,59 w/kg
Cat D : 2,3-2,89 w/kg
Cat E : Up to 2,29 w/kg
RULES:
No TT bikes
Heart rate monitors compulsory for all categories
All intermediate Sprints and KOMs INCLUDING THE UCI BANNER AT THE END OF THE FIRST LAP:
FAL points 15,12,10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1 for the 10 first riders.
Finish line : 30,25,21,18,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2 and 1 points for the first 20 across the line.
Results will be available at zwiftpower.
Choosing lower category than ZwiftPower says will cause DQ

I’m afraid that this is entirely down to the event organiser to set up.

It sounds like they have the rules set to enforce default category levels. Once they have that sorted it should look right and display the points.

All sorted now, Cats properly sorted, sandbaggers gone, and points displayed as “Primes”
I just needed a bit of faith and some patience.
I’ll take the win.

1 Like

Points races can only be sorted after the race takes place so sometimes you have to wait a bit.