Allocation of race points

Hi
I’ve recently started to get into the racing after enjoying zwift for general training for a couple of years and I’m at level 30

So I’m hoping someone can explain why I haven’t been allocated any points in my recent racers when others either side of me have. I did this weeks masters and hare n hounds events (5th in cat)

I have however received points for a hare n hounds I did 2 years ago and don’t believe I have done anything differently so any help would be much appreciated.

I have a zwift power account and linked it to strava and I’ve read the racing faq but are non the wiser :face_with_monocle:

Hi Andrew,

I assume you are refering to the Zwift Power rankings. Zwift power is a 3rd party app to Zwift, so your questions will be better answerd on their forum https://www.zwiftpower.com/viewforum.php?f=11

Sticky is very responsive.

Thanks very much for the quick response and help. I’ll follow up with zwift power forum

Andy

1 Like

This does beg the question why there isn’t a points-based category qualification system in Zwift itself (see also this feature request: Formal Race Category System - #2 by Christopher_Grote_B). Seems to me this would be better reflection of real-life racing world, and help self-police people’s drive to push up the race categories rather than relying on sort-of-policing via a third party (ZP)?

2 Likes

Exactly. I’m still offically a “B” grade racer on zwift, but I’m comfortably mixing it with A grade because I’m actually an A grade rider. It just happens that the events I do don’t reflect this in the way Zwiftpower calculates min Category. I could easily stay in B grade, sandbagging along and getting good results (this is exactly what most of the top finishing B graders do!).

Make points part of the min cat calculations Zwift! I am so glad I’m not a poor D and C grader, especially light weight riders. Even going up mountains as a lightweight is zero benefit when a 100kg rider is putting out the same w/kg, only to be smashed by them on any rolling terrain.