Drops counter stalling and frozen pedestrians [Jan 2023] [1.33]

I just viewed the playback in Companion, and it looks like I actually didn’t get any until about halfway through the ride. I must have only paid attention for the last part.

In fact, I only got 96 in total, which is nothing for a large group ride.

Getting Ride Ons seems like it might be a bit broken too, because to get nothing for 16km or so isn’t normal.

However, I was getting Drops (intermittently) from the outset, so it didn’t seem to be that I only got any when a Ride On happened.

(I only got 102 on the Andre Greipel Retirement ride with 6000 people, but Ride On bombs in group rides weren’t possible then, so it’s not a good comparison on that front.)

1 Like

Same here. Randomly getting a single drop as i receive a Ride On. Counter frozen for the rest of the time.

Noted the same issue, no drops at all, during the entire ride since update. TacxNeo2. Thanks for your help :pray:t3:

Thank you Shuju

UPDATE January 27

Work continues on stomping this bug, but a fix for the Drops issue will not be in the release planned for later today. Please see this other thread for details.

We’ll continue updating this thread when we have news on a fix for the Drops issue.

2 Likes

@shooj the post about the Drops issue indicated it was a ‘rounding’ change that impacted users with a ‘large number’ of Drops. Any insight as to what constitutes a ‘large number’ in this case?

I always thought 8 was a pretty large number. It’s as tall as 1, but with a bigger profile.

3 Likes

Ah, but it’s much, much larger when it’s lying down.

3 Likes

Currently riding and the drop points aren’t moving or increasing? Anyone know why?

49 million and frozen solid as of yesterday…

But what about 11? :wink:

1 Like

You can’t trick me. That’s two numbers.

1 Like

Ha! Actually, it is one number, with two digits. :rofl:

2 Likes

Come on, man.

number → 1… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …1 ← number
number → 1… … … … … … … … … … … … … … …1 ← number
number → 1… … … … … … … … … … … … …1 ← number
number → 1… … … … … … … … … … …1 ← number
number → 1… … … … … … … … … …1 ← number
number → 1… … … … … … … …1 ← number
number → 1… … … … … …1 ← number
number → 1… … … …1 ← number
number → 1… … …1 ← number
number → 1…1 ← number
number → 11 ← number
2 numbers
QED

(That took way more time than it should have to format…this forum is terrible for proper deductive mathematical reasoning.)

3 Likes

You must not buy anything!

I’m about 50,000,000 behind you - too much buying bikes that end up getting nerfed. :wink:

Correct!

1 Like

UPDATE January 27 EOD
The game version 1.33.1 patch that went live does not address the Drops issue, but we continue to work on this issue, with a planned fix as soon as possible next week.

7 Likes

Same here. Not earning any drops. How can you roll out an update that break something as basic as this? Early next week so that means we won’t be earning any drops for a whole week?

7 million?

I started Stage 6 of the Tour of Zwift with 6.9 million drops and they seemed to be working fine during the ride (gaining 100 drops every 6 seconds) until around the last km where things started acting up and by that point I had reached 7 million drops.

After the stage finished I did a few things to see if I could figure out why the drops weren’t working anymore. It seemed like if I put out power close to my FTP the counter would start again but as I was very worn out by that point I didn’t investigate further.

Maybe my drops stopped working because I’d dropped the power in the last km. Or maybe 7 million is the limit. Who knows?