Drops counter stalling and frozen pedestrians [Jan 2023] [1.33]

True, but you likely have a single set-up for running Zwift, while Zwift has (or at least should have) many different ones.

3 Likes

Saris H3, Zwift Android app, ant+ fe-c on my Mi A2 mobile giving drops as normal.

Mine is stalled as well, doesn’t work with ride ons, in the presence of robopacer (even though the multiplier slowly goes up, no drops being given), etc.

ATV experienced same issue with no drops earlier today. Pace Partner and free ride.

My Drops counter didn’t just freeze, as in stalling visual updates but still counting in the background, because when I finished the ride and exited Zwift and started it again, then my Drops count was unchanged. The UI element was still showing flats vs hills, the climbing icon showed when I was climbing.

France, R.G.V., Windows 10 with all latest updates, Zwift with all latest updates.

Another broken dropz counter here along with no RESISTANCE change over ANT+ & kickr. Switched over to bluetooth because thankfully i had an old dongle around.

Count me in (pardon the pun!)

Apple TV user and no drops added after two different courses.

Hello, I lived the same issue on PC

Maybe Zwift will have a Black Friday Frame and Wheel sale in the near future to make up for people getting shortchanged on drops :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Same here. I thought maybe it was because I was doing a workout, but I didn’t get any drops today on my ride.

UPDATE Jan 26 EOD:

We made some headway on this bug, but it’s not resolved yet. We’ll update this thread as we get closer to a fix.

7 Likes

I was riding Watopia Waistband w/ Pacer Taylor who disappeared mid ride as did the drops multiplier bar however, I was still accumulating drops at an accelerated rate w/o bot. The route indicator also went full & remained at 0m. Other nearby riders in the chat stated Coco disappeared as well!

1 Like

I was thinking they could comp everyone 500,000 drops for the inconvenience.

Drops are broken for me too. Frozen unless I climb or get a Ride On, then they accumulate very slowly. Resistance changes on gradients work, haven’t tried ERG mode yet. Win 10, BT, Kickr Bike.

1 Like

Win10, not a single drop in 2 rides…

TV and Win 10 both intermittent drops - seem to get some when receiving a ride on. Mainly stuck though.

Also only getting drops occasionally, a few at each mile count. Also noticed that KOM’s were showing as green instead of red as usual. This is the chevron on the road and the shadow box around the elapsed time. Gradient changes seemed to work just fine.
Windows 10, all current updates

On Stage 6, group C ride. Approximately 19,000 Drops over 26km/40 minutes on a ride with constant Ride Ons from the 980 people around me.

• update - the Ride Ons weren’t in fact constant. In fact, according to the Companion app playback I didn’t get any until about halfway through the ride, and only 96 in total.

So not completely stalled for me at least.

I don’t really know how that compares to what I’d normally get over that sort of time. I found a comparison ride from about a year ago (Andre Greipel Retirement ride, so a lot of people on that one too).

So that’s approx 23,000 in 30km / 46 minutes.

That seems comparable. I wasn’t watching my drops all the time, but they were certainly stalled at times, and counting at others.

I read a comment from someone that said theirs were stalled then going up rapidly. I didn’t specifically take notice of that, but maybe all drops are being awarded but the UI is only updating sporadically. (This might already have been posited - I haven’t read all the posts)

My drop counter would only work after Ride Ons so if you were getting them constantly that would be the reason it doesn’t seem to out of line from a normal ride.

1 Like

This was from my ride today

seems like mine have completely stopped (not that I need any!) I did get ride ons too and nothing changed

1 Like

Thanks for the update!