Drops counter stalling and frozen pedestrians [Jan 2023] [1.33]

Also stalling drops :droplet: :droplet: :cry::cry:

Drops broken.

I only got drops on an incline above 5%.

1 Like

Might help. Riders using ATV or Win11 seemed to be okay on the Frozen Drops issue. PC Win10 (I use WIn10) seemed to be having the problem. Don’t know if this is the same for ERG mode or not

Awesome, there’s the new feature, no drops. How on earth did this pass any QA testing?

5 Likes

I’m on WIN11 and it’s frozen

Yup same. Mostly frozen drops. I mean it’s snowing out but I should be able to collect a snowball.

I’m also on Win11 and drops are frozen for me.

So this really sucks eggs. I download the new release this morning and rode but my drop counter was not changing. After I did a TdZ ride I then signed into a robopacer and still no counting upwards. What is going on? This needs to be fixed ASAP

I’m frozen at 38,595,692. Most of my rides are pace partners. I hope this gets fixed today!

3 Likes

After the download of the new release my drop counter stopped working!!! Not a good thing at all. I hope Zwift is aware of it.

Ditto, race yesterday, RGV, no drops.

Crikey, I’m only on 4,000,000-odd and I’m already in a “WGAF about drops” mindset. I get that it’s important for very new Zwifters, but this is one aspect of the buggy update that really doesn’t affect me personally in the slightest.

2 Likes

Just to give more data, drops worked for me just now in a quick test.

Saris H3, Win 10 via BT, just jumped onto the beginning of Road to Sky. Drops counting up seemingly normally.

If there was any doubt that Zwift doesn’t do much real-world testing before pushing out a release, this bug closes that debate.

3 Likes

Drops not incrementing consistently or reliably after 25Jan2023 update.
I have 12.5m drops, and L52.
This was during a programmed workout and also in free ride mode in Watopia.
MacOS 13.1 on 2018 MBP.
Ant+ to HRM and Wahoo Kickr v5.

I’m at around 4 million drops too and already have everything worth buying, didn’t even notice if mine were frozen or not yesterday but will keep an eye on it today. Definitely sucks for the majority of users who still need to accumulate drops though, and that’s a massive bug to miss in QA.

2 Likes

Exact same issue on my ride last night. Riding in The Upside Down.

Same here. noticed it today (1/26/23) @0948h. La Reine.
saw the drops weren’t going up, screenshotted it when I noticed, 11.2km (228m elevation) into the ride, 4,915,381 drops on the counter, and at the top of the climb I was at 22.5km (1202m elevation) and 4,915,451 drops.
that was a lot of work for 70 drops…:wink:

2 Likes

Exactly - even though this doesn’t affect me much, as I’ve got millions and millions of accumulated drops, it does affect many users and it’s a pretty big bug for Zwift to miss during testing. Sure, it’s not nearly as bad as the bug affecting ERG mode and Trainer Difficulty, but it’s still a big deal.

2 Likes

If I’d been testing it then I would have reported it as working.