Discrepancy between Zwift Race and Zwift Power Results

Morning,

We have a group that raced this morning in the Virtual TDF stage 1. Our times that were shown on the Zwift race are ±20 seconds faster than those recorded on Zwiftpower.

Is there any reason for this?

On ZwiftPower the time is from when the starting countdown timer reaches zero to when you cross the finish line. This is the time recorded in the fit file the ZwiftPower reads. Let’s call this the Complete Time.

On Zwift, the Elapsed Time (which is shown on the display in game) doesn’t start until after you cross a double white line as you leave the start pens so there can be about 20 seconds that is not counted. The Complete Time will therefore be about 20 seconds more than the Elapsed Time.

At the end of a race the Complete Time is shown on the results board but I believe in the virtual TDF they are not showing the results board so the time that appears at the end of the ride is the Elapsed Time.

Now, why does the Elapsed Time counter not start until after you cross those white lines? Don’t ask me, I have no idea. All I know is that it is how Zwift works does it.

I took part in a time trial event this evening. Zwift crashed immediately after I crossed the finish line. I ended up having to log back in to end the ride, but it had flatlined for a few minutes. The results showing in ZwiftPower, Zwift, Strava and TrainingPeaks all vary.

The time showing in ZwiftPower is much slower than the time when I actually finished.

Is there a way of verifying and correcting this ?

Thanks