Dakota - Proposed New World

I think a new world based on North and South Dakota would be fabulous. Think Terry Redland paintings coupled with the Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, the Badlands, lots of lakes and miles of beautiful rural roads with great sunsets.

Nothing against this venue, but there are already two worlds largely based on US geography (Watopia and Richmond).The product has a highly international audience. Personally I would love to ride Kyiv and pre-war Ukraine countryside, but I accept whatever is coming next. Africa and India would also be great to see.

1 Like

:eyes:

8char

Scottish Highlands routes would be cool. It could have multiple climbs, one flat bit, wild haggis roaming the fields, Forestry Commission workers wrecking the gravel tracks and Range Rovers doing close passes, just like IRL.

3 Likes

Whee! whee! WHEEEE!!!

1 Like

How about a LOTR world… any takers?

1 Like

The owners of LOTR are highly litigious. It would have to be faked very carefully. Many lawyers live in that world. :grimacing:

Also, the Shire is often considered to be modeled on West Mids, and there is Yorkshire…

I guess, though hard to claim creative rights to New Zealand or the Cotswolds. I guess the naming of the world would be the challenge. Won’t be able to do Gandalf’s ride to Minis Tirith and the climb at the end. :pensive:

Cough cough New York cough cough

3 Likes

I would quite like to see more roads added to the France map as it’s remained unchanged since it was launched nearly two years ago.

Or possibly merge France and Paris together.

1 Like

Most of LOTR is filmed in our national parks. My gravel riding is pretty much only on dirt found in the films. Only the Shire is private land AFAIK. I’m sure our government would jump at more opportunities to advertise our land.

1 Like

The land is not the problem - it’s everything else. As soon as you add some orcs and hobbit holes, the vultures will start circling. NZ would make a nice Zwift world.

1 Like

Innsbruck even less touched. France could probably have some other big climbs added like Galibier, Cime de la Bonette as well - that’s a monster.

1 Like

With all the different routes we have in Zwift now, what I find rather strange is that there are very few cat4 climbs (Grand Central reverse and forward KOM plus Petit KOM{?} in France) and I can’t think of a single cat3 climb. Not sure there is a cat1 climb either.

1 Like

Unless they are tagged on to existing world’s I really hope we don’t get any more stand alone world’s.

3 Likes

Innsbruck, Richmond and Yorkshire are all recreations of UCI championship courses. Adding more roads to these would be like playing FIFA and being able to have a kick around in the car park.

Not really… you’d still have the UCI World Championship route, and they could add other roads that are in those cities.

Either way, it’s probably not happening. Have Zwift ever expanded any of the UCI WC worlds?

Since this has turned into a wish list :grin:, I’d like to see more expansions to Makuri and more big climbs. Since RGT is (possibly… hopefully) going to become a stronger competitor, maybe focus on some real world climbs. I’m thinking you could ride over that big bridge out of Neokyo to a climber’s paradise. Have some notable climbs from all over the country (not just the played out stuff near Tokyo). People have been asking for a velodrome so maybe toss in a keirin track somewhere too.