Cycleops Mag

When setting up the trainer a recent update shows some very nice pictures of turbo trainers to choose from.  I used to select CycleOps Mag from a list, of which I believe their where a few levels to choose from.  But now there only appears to be L3.  My CycleOps Mag doesn’t come with a resistance/level selector, so I assume its at L0 or L1. Riding with CycleOps Mag L3 is giving me very different figures than I used before. I have to put in a lot of power to get 100w! Will L1 and L2 be returning?

Thanks, Jason.

Hi Jason,

According to CycleOps, the Mag comes with an adjustable resistance dealie. Do you definitely have the Mag? Or is it the Magneto (which has no adjuster)?

I believe I have the Mag.  It looks identical to the one in this link: https://www.cycleops.com/product/mag

The Magneto seems to have a different black cover on the magnets than my trainer.  Mines over 3 years old and I did have the option to by a version with the resistance dial but I choose not to because I adjust the resistance with the bike gears.