Customer support is a shambles

Recently found out that I have been billed for my zwift subscription from both apple services and directly with zwift themselves since I started zwift 7 months ago. Both payments are coming out of my paypal on the same day and are linked to the same email/account.

I raise this with apple and they said it was the app providors issue not theirs. I contacted zwift and initially they were quite helpful asked me to provide evidence to show I had been duplicate billed so they could look to refund.

Fast forward 2 weeks as I have to wait 2 days after wending an email to get an answer… and I have provided apple invoices PayPal statements and everything else they asked for. What’s the outcome? A generic email telling me that they won’t refund my duplicate charges as they can’t verify anything with apple. I have spoken to apple on numerous occasions and they have confirmed all the monthly payments I have also sent screenshots of my apple subscription history and apple invoices.

My aim was always to keep the zwift subscription and I let them know that was the case. But now I have been forced to cancel with apple and with zwift and put in a PayPal claim against zwift for a refund.

I have provided all evidence requested and they simply can’t be bothered to look at it and process a refund.

It really has been shocking customer service,and why cant I speak to someone about it on the phone?
I’m certainly paying enough money to warrant that at least.

It’s a shame for all that they have lost what would of been a long term customer who was enjoying the app through crappy customer service. It doesnt help that evertime I emailed I had a response from someone different… No one took ownership of my case or took the fact I had overpaid by £100 seriously. What a total let down this has been.

Recently found out that I have been billed for my zwift subscription from both apple services and directly with zwift themselves since I started zwift 7 months ago. Both payments are coming out of my paypal on the same day and are linked to the same email/account.

I raised this with apple and they said it was the app providors issue not theirs. I contacted zwift and initially they were quite helpful asked me to provide evidence to show I had been duplicate billed so they could look to refund.

Fast forward 2 weeks as I have to wait 2 days after wending an email to get an answer… and I have provided apple invoices PayPal statements and everything else they asked for. What’s the outcome? A generic email telling me that they won’t refund my duplicate charges as they can’t verify anything with apple. I have spoken to apple on numerous occasions and they have confirmed all the monthly payments I have also sent screenshots of my apple subscription history and apple invoices.

I have provided all evidence requested and they simply can’t be bothered to look at it and process a refund.

My aim was always to keep the zwift subscription and I let them know that was the case. But now I have been forced to cancel with apple and with zwift and put in a PayPal claim against zwift for a refund.

It really has been shocking customer service,and why cant I speak to someone about it on the phone?
I’m certainly paying enough money to warrant that at least.

It’s a shame that they have lost what would of been a long term customer who was enjoying the app through crappy customer service. It doesnt help that evertime I emailed I had a response from someone different… No one took ownership of my case or took the fact I had overpaid by £100 seriously. What a total let down this has been.

1 Like

That is terrible, sorry to hear. Maybe @Steven_D can help assist?

Hi @Mike_Rowe1

My responsibilities have been shifted away from the Zwift Forums in recent weeks, but I empathize with Ben’s frustrations, so I’ve done what I can to bring attention to this issue with a higher authority on the Accounts team and see what else can be done to help. Thanks.

4 Likes

You can also go on PayPal n delete the payment to Zwift through Apple.
This is done in the payment account page .

@ben_frater

If the charges made through Apple are visible and verifiable to our support team in our internal tools, then it’s generally a simple matter to confirm the duplicate/overlapping charges and refund them as needed. Since that doesn’t appear to be the case in your situation, it sounds like your Zwift account isn’t updating to reflect the charges billed through Apple.

1. You can try to force Zwift to update your Apple ID with your Zwift account, but the process is a bit involved and you’ll need to continue working closely (via email) with our support team to make it happen.
  2. To summarize, doing so necessitates that you cancel your Zwift membership as it’s currently subscribed through the Zwift.com website.
  3. Once this is done, our team will need to expire any current ride time that’s active on your account so that your account will go to a “free trial” status.
  4. At this point, you’ll want to follow the process as outlined in the iTunes In-Game Reactivation section of this article.
  5. Ideally, this will update the Apple receipts on your Zwift account so that our team can see and verify the charges, which is absolutely necessary before we can approve/issue any refunds.

Hope this helps and again, our support team can help you via email to sort this matter out.

1 Like

Customer service in a situation like this warrants phone support. Email is for generic or quick fix responses. This is sad.

2 Likes

@James_Zwift maybe not your area of work but you are the only zwift staff member who uses these forums so hopefully you can help this guy out

I’ve flagged this with the team, afraid it’s not something I have any involvement in.

I appreciate the help. I have had an email from Bethany in customer support, going to have another look at this when I am back from holiday at the end of the week.

I don’t want to end my zwift subscription but at same time refuse to overlook paying double since it started. I hope we can get a resolution.

1 Like

Thank you. When I’m back home end of this week will pick it back up