Custom painted red frame isn't red

:roll_eyes:

Red.

Hue: 0. Saturation: 255.

Here’s a luminosity chart. You can’t get to pink.

I really hope I’m in a nightmare and I’m shortly going to wake up.

color-luminosity-hsl-03

So I played with a color slider to try and understand the issue.

So with Saturation at 100% and Luminance 50% give a nice red.

But with Saturation at 50% and Luminance 50% give a dull red.

So it seem like for some reason Saturation can’t be 100% because of other factors.

This is my very limited knowledge.

I’d rather ask the question “why can’t we change the color skins on all bikes”. My Felt AR is stuck on white and my Sworks Venge is stuck on grey.

1 Like

Speaking for myself I vote yes . Red Bikes is worth the risk , based on being unaware of exactly what they might be other than loosing some low saturation frame colouring options that just doesnt work IMO.

I think ( although of course this doesnt officially count) all my club mates vote yes too . Its a constant topic that comes up , but maybe that is because our club colour is red .

BTW one of the bike frames that suffers from the RED issue is the Tron bike.

Sorry that your answer has released the backlash , I am sure you are used to it . Thank you for reply and your advocacy on our behalf.

Hmm. I only bought the trek madone because it was red and it matched with my kit. I think an ability to buy custom paint jobs would be cool and would replace my red trek. It could look kinda like this

2 Likes

I got the Focus Izalco with a custom paint job option ( from the event) so its definately feasible ,possible because they have done it already . However I think you need to start a new feature request for that . Its not a known issue , its simply not offered as standard .

I want the baby blue venge please!

That would be pretty awesome. The current venge doesn’t look the best in my opinion. Definitely would be better if the fastest bike looked cooler…

I just spent ~675,000 drops on an SL7 to illustrate the problem.

The original bike, as purchased from the drop shop:

After moving the color slider up and back down to red:

Please explain how the bike can be red when you buy it, but once you adjust the color, it can never be red again!

13 Likes

Exact same thing happened to most of my bikes. My team kit is red and I can’t make any of my bikes match it!

Can you explain why Zwift adds so much blue? I compared a spot just under the top tube on my SL7 pictured above.

As purchased: Red 246, Green 111, Blue 104
After adjusting color to “red” (a.k.a. pink): Red 252, Green 118, Blue 146

1 Like

They could tell you, but it might break the game. ARE YOU WILLING TO TAKE THAT RISK???

14 Likes

NO! Grey only for the venge. No choices! :roll_eyes:

I believe the physics model would break (or at least become computationally too expensive) if it had to handle red vs. non-red bikes (red bikes are faster, obvs).

3 Likes

That’s why the Tarmac Pro is so fast up the Alpe. It only comes in red. Actual, honest-to-goodness red.

5 Likes

I’d agree with you, but the artwork for the new Canyon Aerohead 2021 was completed after the “fix.”

Red kits with pink bikes…gross.

This comes up all the time on IRL bike rides. IDK, slow innovation & complacency leads to other virtual brand compete.

1 Like

How hard can it be Zwift? If it’s too hard to ad real red with the slider just at a “reset button” so the bike returns to it’s original colour. So I can ride my red SL7 and EVO again.

4 Likes

No fix in the new update either :frowning:

1 Like

They already consider it fixed.

1 Like