Crashing on win8

I may try but this device has no official win10 support.
I have just refreshed my win8 to clean installation and it didn’t help with new intel driver.
Do you think upgrade to 8.1 may help? Or only win10?

Reminder that your device is the minimum as far as memory and GPU is concerned for running Zwift.

Try upgrading to 8.1 and see if it works.

While Zwift lists 4GB RAM as the minimum spec, increasing your RAM to 8GB might improve system performance.

Correct, but I doubt there is a way to upgrade the GPU on the laptop.

@Paul_Allen As far as upgrading GPU, where there’s a will, there’s a way…

@AldHaldor As for the issue on hand, make sure the install file from your downloads is deleted, as well as the ‘zwift’ folder in your documents folder, and any ‘zwift’ program files. Once the purge has been completed, redownload. If this doesn’t help,reach out to our support team for further assistance, providing all steps tried so far.

1 Like

Thank you for your attention and help, @Seth_Steen
I’ve done everything you suggested, nothing helps.
I have submitted email to support team.

Windows 8 hasn’t been fully supported by microsoft in many years, you would be better off upgrading to Windows 8.1 and making sure it is fully up to date. It is fairly common for manufacturers to state that their products are not tested for compatibility with Windows 10, that is their own way of covering their backsides in case something doesn’t work properly. 3rd generation i7 CPU / GPU is fully supported in Windows 10 as that is what I am using at home albeit mine is a Dell. Dell also claims mine hasn’t been tested in Windows 10 yet I am running the latest Windows 10 with zero issues!

Sorry, but Win8 is still fully supported by Microsoft, just as Win7 is. Yes he should upgrade, but I would recommend going right to Win10 and skipping 8.1.

Windows 8 aka 6.2.9200 is only supported once it is updated to 8.1 aka 6.3.9600. I do however agree his best bet is to jump to 10. Windows 8 is end of support as of January 12, 2016 unless they update to 8.1 or upgrade to 10. Windows 8 also doesn’t support IE 11 - something Zwift requires.

End of Extended Support is Jan 2023 and Win7 is Jan 2020.

Win8 and 8.1 fall under the same life cycle.