Crash during ftp-test: which ftp should i consider?

Hi zwifters,

As a totally new biker without any physical exercices the last months due to corona I did my first zwift-ride yesterday! Pretty curious how bad my physical state was in, I chose the ftp-test And yes… It was bad :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: Died 3 times during the warmup :rofl:

Starting the 20 minutes ftp block there is a pop-up indicating the average watt. Started a little conservative at 150W. I felt better and better and the watts kept rising. I ended the ftp block with an average of 170w. At the end of the ftp test there was a new pop-up saying something like: ‘congratulations, you have an ftp of 161w’.

In the next cooldown block drama happened :zap::boom::see_no_evil: Zwift crashed! Tried to recover the ftp-test.fit file by uploading it to strava but file was corrupt… Zwift does recognize my ridden km’s. When I select a new workout now I see ‘ftp 220’ under in the workout profile…

I’m confused… What ftp do I have? :man_shrugging:

It sounds to me that it didn’t save the test result of 170 as your FTP. 220 could be a default value? I would go back to one of the FTP tests in the menu, and you’ll see a vertical slider on the right where you can set your FTP to 170. This will ensure that future workouts are based on the correct value.

Try https://www.fitfiletools.com if you want to fix your fit file and save the ride to Strava (its not 100% gauranteed, but mostly works).

Hi try the ramp test after a warm up easier and gives a more accurate FTP result ensuring you use ERG mode when doing test

I dunno about the ramp test giving a more accurate result than the FTP test. I suggest it’s the other way around. But the big advantage of the ramp test is that you don’t have the difficultly in pacing yourself that the FTP test has.

1 Like