Crash 8hrs into everest attempt

Everest attempt today. 8hrs into the ride, zwift crashed. :frowning:

I’m on PC and have been zwifting for years and years. Can’t remember the last time the app crashed on me.

Last messages in “Log.txt” are:

[13:41:06] ANT : [PowerMeter] Vang = 13.10 radians/sec Tavg: 10.95 nm Pavg: 143.52 watts timeElapsed=0.959
[13:41:07] FE-C 26 received
[13:41:07] ASSERT: “pStats->padding == 0xabcdabcdabcdabcd”, file=C:\Git\deploy-windows-agent-persistent\Projects\ZwiftApp\CODE\fitfile.cpp, line=174
[13:41:07] ERROR: ZwiftApp Crashed
[13:41:07] ASSERT: “pStats->padding2 == 0xabcdabcdabcdabcd”, file=C:\Git\deploy-windows-agent-persistent\Projects\ZwiftApp\CODE\fitfile.cpp, line=175

I have a bluetooth dongle, but I connect my devices (Kickr Core, Polar OH-1) via ANT. I connect the KickrCore via the “FE-C” profile, but…

About 2 hours prior to the crash, my ANT dongle disconnected. I unplugged it, replugged it, and had to re-pair all my devices. When I reconnected, I connected the “CONTROLLABLE” to the “FE-C” ANT profile, but accidentally connect the “POWER SOURCE” to the non “FE-C” device.

When I looked at the log in zwiftalizer later, I saw the first half of the ride was very “clean” for dropped ANT packets. But after the reconnect (with POWER-SOURCE connected to the non-FE-C device) I saw more dropped packets. Wondering if that could have something to do with it…

PC Info:

• Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.01 GHz|
  • RAM: 32.0 GB
  • System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
  • Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
  • Graphics driver version: 27.21.14.5671 (9/30/2020)

Zwift was updated this morning before the ride, so should be up to date:

• Launcher version: 1.0.52
  • Game version: 1.0.100133
  • Companion App version: 3.29.0 (1276) Server version 1.264.1

Questions:

• Is there any way to continue the activity? :slight_smile:

That is terrible. Sorry that happened to you :cry:

Thanks Ed! Could have been worse. My teammate made it another 2 hours, then his run crashed too! Haven’t yet seen his logfile to know what error it crashed with.

Gotta say - I’m leery about trying it again…

Looking to load code from a git directory on your C drive , unless you have installed some plugin here of unknown nature , looks like some development code has managed to get deployed in the latest update.
Defintely one to post to support as a bug IMO .

No plugins here.

Where could/would I post it as a bug? I tried “support” and ended up routed to a “zwift ambassador”. That person was nice and understanding, but didn’t seem like someone at Zwift itself?

I was looking at some log files and I came across the GIT reference in mine too … it’s probably of no use to this thread (and sorry to hear about the Everest attempt Sarah) but parking it here so if anyone searches, they will now see two references to it…

I have no folder such directory on my PC.

Unrelated is that the log also says “Zwiftapp crashed” - which in this case it didnt.