Countdown distance until Sprint or KOM begins

Countdown distance until Sprint or KOM begins, or at least provide some other visual marker that can be seen from a distance please.

1 Like

Yes!!!

This would be awesome. Especially on the short sprints.  

Was thinking this also, I hardly notice the faint line on the road. Something like the new Live segments feature on the Garmins, such as a countdown from 500ft to go would be much better.

Agreed.

This would be a nice feature.

I especially always miss the start of the sprint segment.

It’s especially a problem in Richmond since there are lines on the road marking intersections and crosswalks that look the same as the lines used to indicate the start of a segment.  Making them glow, or stand out in some other way that is visible from a distance would help indeed, but the best would be as this suggests, having a countdown timer so we can get up to speed for a sprint.

I must say I am very disappointed at the lack of updates lately. My Strava Premium runs out in about a week and a half and I don’t know if I will renew. There are so many little things that could be knocked out rather quickly that aren’t happening.

I like the idea of the neon rainbows from workout mode being used. They could mark the start and finish (optional setting)

I really would mostly like a 100 or 200m warning for the sprints, it does not need to be on the course necessarily. It could just be part of the overlay information on the sprint.

Yes! I was going to ask for this too.

Come on Zwift - this is a no brainer - it’s really hard to see the start of a sprint, so if you don’t do that route regularly it takes a couple of laps to figure it out.  Either a countdown as requested or a BIG SIGN… surely not difficult??

Come on Zwift. PLEASE! This is an easy add-on. A simple ticker/countdown to sprints is an easy one. The sprint lines on the road are only noticeable when its too late. One can barely see them coming.

Totally agree with this post: 

I must say I am very disappointed at the lack of updates lately…There are so many little things that could be knocked out rather quickly that aren’t happening.

Sigh…

piling on another YES vote.  Because of the lag in acceleration with Zwift, if you are not already at sprint speed when you hit the line you won’t get a  good time.  There needs to be some sort of advance notice.  Either a large sign, flowing banner, or an alert that states the distance to the sprint start line

Has no one brought up how they have time to design and implement a LAVA course and not put banners for sprints or official Strava segments?

Or what about a cycling track? That would be really fun.

But no, LAVA it is… oh wait, and VR, everyone wants VR Zwift.

No response from Zwift after +150 and 16 months??

Yes please!!

yes, yes, Yes! 

I thought I was going mad in yesterday’s ride trying to find out where the sprint starts. Crazy this hasn’t been solved yet.