Couldn't join NYC event 8AM this morning

Hello,

I was registered for the NYC ride event this morning at 8AM EST. I made sure I was on Zwift before the event thought I did not see the map to select (middle panel), nor did I get a notification or see the map anywhere on Companion. The only thing I saw related to the NYC event was that I was “joined” the event (right panel of screen). Since I couldn’t actually enter the map, I ended up missing the event.

Is there something I am missing here? I am fairly new to Zwift so I’m not sure if I am looking in the wrong place.

Let me know. Thank you in advance.

-John

Hi John, you need to be riding somewhere for the Join Event prompt to appear.

Sign up for the event (best done with the Companion app on your phone) and then log into Zwift. After pairing your sensors, on the main route selection screen pick any route/world - it doesn’t matter which, but probably avoid Ven-Top or Road to Sky :wink: - and then hit Ride at the bottom. You’ll then be in that world, and riding along. From there you should see the ‘Join Event’ button at the bottom left of your screen up to 30mins before the event starts. Click/press it to go to the start line, or just wait and about four minutes before the event time you’ll be taken there automatically unless you cancel.

1 Like

Thanks, Dave! I will try this tomorrow morning. Appreciate you.

Have a happy holiday.

-John

1 Like

Dave im reusing your write-up. :rofl:

Haha, I copied and pasted it myself. :joy:

1 Like

At 8:55 this morning, a large # of riders doing race warm-ups for the 9 a.m. races couldn’t join the event because the join event pop-up windows weren’t appearing for anyone.

See Difficulties joining events earlier today