Convert Earnt ‘Drops’ to Charity Donation

My bad did not see the k. But that is still 120 euro for 12000000 dropz. That is almost a year subscription. :thinking:

Nothings being communicated to say otherwise.

Yeah true- so I imagine they would need to work out an exchange rate and prob put a limit on things. Otherwise it could get out of hand!

Here is the latest charity ride on Zwift:

2 Likes

So unless it’s reported it doesn’t happen?

Zwift has done numerous charity activities over the years and is continuing to do them during the pandemic.

People love asking other folks to donate their money…

Instead of trying to donate worthless drops, open your own wallet and make a difference

2 Likes

Great to see! Thanks!

I stand corrected… Always room for more.

It seems like you’re suggesting I don’t do charity work or donate? You don’t know me and I don’t know you. So kind of mutes you’re point.

Great idea!

1 Like

Isn’t that exactly what you did in regards to zwift? :slight_smile:

Nah I nearly suggested another way of charity engagement which could appeal to masses, didn’t make it personal. I don’t understand why you are so negative- it’s simply a suggestion.

I’m in. Great idea.

1 Like

Here’s another one

https://zwift.com/events/series/geraint-thomas-nhs-zwift-shifts/

2 Likes

I would like to donate my drops to fix the things that have been downed in Watopia over “time”. Like the tower that has fallen outside of the Italian Village or the Mayan statues that are toppled. It would be neat to see construction on these then have them fixed. Or to add the new roads that have barriers on them (like the one on the way to the Jungle that has been there forever). It would be like the community coming together to improve our world. I have so many drops and no need for any new stuff!

Has Zwift every thought about creating a system so folks could donate their drops to aid good causes, like food banks? I’m certain that corporate partners (like major food chains) might be interested in aligning with Zwift in this worth endeavour.

Hey Dave, welcome to the club.

What you propose sounds intriguing but I wonder where would the drop countervalue come from. What did you have in mind?

I think that’s a great idea. I’d be happy to donate my current 14 million drops towards a good cause.

2 Likes

Good question. I’m just thinking out loud about strategic partnerships. Eg there are also programs that provide bikes to students in developing countries to assist them with getting to school. Would be a perfect partnership as well.

1 Like

I love the idea of being able to put those drops to good use. I wonder if companies might be interested in sponsoring the donations as a form of advertising and philanthropy for example a bike manufacturer offering to pay so much for every million drops donated during a certain time. It could really build a lot of good will for the companies and allow cyclists to support charities. $1 for 1000 points would be $100 per million. I know I never buy anything and have 7 million just sitting there.

2 Likes