Connecting the Companion App to Life Fitness IC5

Hello,

I am thinking of getting a Life Fitness IC5 (link). Ths Bike hs BLE and Ant+ and compute Watts.

Would it be possible to connect the Life Fitness IC5 to the Zwift Companion App?

Thanks,
Karim

Hi Karim,

I’m sorry, the Life Fitness IC5 is not a currently supported bike for Zwift. I’ll gladly add this model to our list of requested trainers, though!

Here’s a link to our hardware page so you can see what trainers/bikes are supported on Zwift. It looks like you could still go with the Life Fitness IC 8 Indoor Cycle. Yay!

If you need any additional help on Zwift, feel free to submit a support ticket. :slight_smile:

Ride On!

On this website, they are saying that it works when using an Ant+ dongle + iPhone. Can Zwift confirm that to us?

Kompatibilität mit Apps von Drittanbietern (z.B. Zwift & Strava)

Über ANT+ können die Life Fitness powered by ICG® IC5-IC7 Indoor Bikes und der IC8 Power Trainer mit Apps von Drittanbietern (z.B. Zwift & Strava) auf externen Endgeräten verbunden werden. Bei einer Verbindung mit einem Apple-Gerät wird für die Datenübertragung ein ANT+ Dongle benötigt. Es werden folgende Daten an Apps von Drittanbietern gesendet: Leistung(Watt), Zeit, Herzfrequenz (HZ) und RPM (Umdrehungen pro Minute).

Translation from Google:
ompatibility with third-party apps (such as Zwift & Strava) The Life Fitness powered by ICG® IC5 IC7 Indoor Bikes and the IC8 Power Trainer can be connected via ANT + to third-party apps (such as Zwift & Strava) on external devices. When connecting to an Apple device, an ANT + dongle is required for data transfer. The following data is sent to third-party apps: power (watts), time, heart rate (HZ), and RPM (revolutions per minute).

I would also be interested in a connection for Zwift and Ic5.

Just got a new IC5 from life fitness and I can confirm that with a ANT+ dongle plugged into my Mac Zwift will pick it up as a power source and cadence.
I am totally new to Zwift riding so yet to work out how to calibrate speed (if its possible or if I even need to)

I have the IC5 and purchased an ANT+ usb dongle and plugged this into my Windows 10 laptop (Surface Pro 6). I also purchased a Polar H7 heart rate monitor which works with the IC5. I now run Zwift on the laptop which is plugged into the HDMI on an old TV and it all works perfectly.