Cheaters on TdZ

this guy cheating on every his ride lol I flagged his few last rides :smiley: but this not resolving anything

look at his activities on the companion app, one of the TdZ races he quit after 1.8 miles and only averaged 185 watts IIRC, his cheat must have malfunctioned so he quit the race! :rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah I always try and think positive: cheaters only make me stronger by trying to keep up with them. But it does occasionally get to me. TdZ had too many ā€¦

A bit pointless splitting the categories at all if it canā€™t be managed. Just make every race a free for all and then we will place where we deserve. How hard can it be to match FTP / w per kg to a category?

At my age, fitness and weight, I am usually in the bottom 15 to 20% on leaderboards that pop up during rides, same for segments on Strava. My main aim is improvement on myself so i donā€™t worry about competing with the fast folk on my usual rides and workouts.

I did my first ā€œraceā€ the other night with TDZ stage 1 (D). In a supposedly categorised race, it is a bit dis-heartening to go flat out in a D race where folk are supposed to be of a similar standard but clearly are not - and immediately get dropped by folk who should be in A or B. If D is the bottom 25% of folk on Zwift, these races should be the only places we can actually compete in.

I will do some more as it was a really good workout.

2 Likes

Lol. Itā€™s the serial cheaters indeed they should something aboutā€¦

1 Like

Good points all.

Must go - Iā€™ve only got 20mins to hook up an e-bike to my Kickr, drop my weight by 30kg to win the Innsbruck group rideā€¦

3 Likes

You will go down in the record books as the greatest of all time. What will you do with all the proceeds from commercial deals and the profits from your autobiography?

1 Like

My goal is not to come in last. If I hit mid pack I am thrilled. Who cares about the position of cheaters or those half my age.

Lol! Good luck Paul :slight_smile:

Who cares? Then why race at all Ed! I get your point, but racing is about seeing where you compete at your level. If there are cheaters then you cannot gauge your level accurately. Nobody is talking about proceeds or endorsements or autobiographyā€™s, we are discussing the issues that keep this from happening. If you donā€™t care where you stand amongst your peers while cycling then donā€™t race. Just keep training.

1 Like

Paul was talking about a group ride not a race :slight_smile:
Innsbruck group rideā€¦

Having cheaters in cycling events has never happened before. Zwift invented it.

Thank you for clarifying Ed. I appreciate that.

1 Like

Good point! Thanks Zwift :slight_smile:

Whatā€™s your point?

Having cheaters in cycling events has never happened before. Zwift invented it.

This was Edā€™s comment, I said good point,

With all the issues (most created by users) Zwift is the best thing that has happened to indoor cycling since there was such a thing. I am sure Zwift will eventually attempt to nullify most of the cheaters but they will just fine a new way to cheat. This is a virtual real life experience :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Agreed 100%

Invest it all in Velotonā€¦

Most grateful. I needed it - that KOM was grim!