Cheat/misconfiguration-detecting

Some minimal effort of detecting cheating/misconfiguration would be nice.

Screenshot shows that a scenario where the 0.20km sprint is hold by 4.92 seconds time which means an average speed of over 146km/h. Less than half the time of the second best (which also means that it was done riding alone and not drafting in a group).

This is not a one time thing, I frequently notice that the record holder is way faster than the rest and average speed corresponding to some extreme World record breaking effort done.

I would like to emphasize that I do not claim these people/riders are necessarily cheating, it could just as well be some misconfiguration. But it makes the segment records/comparisons a bit of joke that some unrealistic times often appear at the top.

My suggestion is to at least have some realistic speed cap/minimum time requirement on the segments (could easily be derived from various world records).

Off-topic: Maybe this is more of a feature request. I ended placing it here as it is meant more as feedback on the demotivating effect of seeing these unrealistic records more than a request to have it fixed by my suggestion.
I would also argue that the categories are somewhat overlapping.

Picture edited by Gerrie Delport to remove names.

Hi Kristoffer,

This is some good information.

I edited your picture to remove the names of the riders, we don’t want to draw attention or call out people in the forum. As you said it could just be a bad setup.

2 Likes

Ha! Wouldn’t that be great. Yesterday I flagged a rider who, I think, had the top time at numerous sprint/KOM points. When I looked up their profile in the companion app it appeared to be the first ride for this ‘person’ and they were holding a constant 1200 watts, and their ride was at around 750 miles. I think it would be great if there was something running in the background to automatically removed ‘riders’ like this.

3 Likes

I had a guy/gal pass me three times in the last week. Their speed was extreme - maybe 200 kph on a flat stretch with no drafting. The sound when they pass is a high pitched whistle. Some code in the program should detect this kind of superhuman effort and as punishment and deterrent, they would be sent off-course at the next bend, crashing into a tree and getting auto-logged out with any saving of their misdeeds.

1 Like

There is actually a check in Zwift for that if they go to fast in certain segments they will get a cone and a notice.

zwift-warning-pro-cyclist zwift-cone-of-shame

1 Like