Canyon ultimate with wahoo kickr

I have a canyon ultimate rim brake with a wahoo kickr. Using the 130 mm adapter does not work. Is it safe to use the 135mm adapter?

Or any other solutions since wahoo doesn’t really seem to care?

When you say it doesn’t work, what is the problem exactly?

Does this help?

1 Like

Not really. Just tried the 135mm adapter and seems like it works but I don’t know if it puts extra stress on the frame that can damage it…

Hi,

I’m in similar situation - was not aware that my bike is not compatible with wahoo. Above there is picture with damage to my dropouts.Should I consider getting a new frame at this point?

I would not recommend spreading the frame wider to use the 135mm adapters. It might tolerate it but would certainly void the warranty and would put extra stress on the frame. The frame is too expensive and too light to take that chance. I don’t know if it’s an option to grind material off the trainer so it clears the frame, or perhaps a different trainer would fit better.

I’m using it with the 135mm for over a year now and no problems at all. It just fits and goes on and off the trainer easy without stretching the frame.

And Ive put some 1000 watt sprints on it with non issues.

No. Your frame is ok. I have the same damage and took some serious blows allready because of potholes I didn’t see and nothing happened.

2 Likes

Yeah, Im afraid that this bike will never see a trainer again (although trimming it seems like something that i could try). However, Im more concerned of losing a rear wheel while cycling outdoors. Is this a plausible scenario? Like, I imagine that dropouts are not hollow + 3k km on wahoo hasn’t totally destroyed the frame so it is not that likely to fail now?

That just looks like paint damage to me. It looks fine. Ask a dealer to inspect it if you’re really worried about it.

Besides paint there is a solid chip in. I have contacted canyon and will update what he says.

I seem to remember Canyon for a while recommended not using their bikes with trainers.

I never used my Ultimate CF Evo in any trainer.