Can't switch bikes in The Garage [1.25.0] [May 2022] [SOLVED]

i am having the same problem. the bike wont change. just started with the 1.25.0 update. talking to support. they recommended uninstall. i did so per the zwift guide, was able to change bike once. then it stuck again. this is a major problem in the update code that Zwift better fix asap

odd that the support person said to me no one else had reported this issue, when this thread shows this is a common issue.

i had a race last night up the AdZ. It was not a pleasant surprise realizing i had to take a heavy bike up the Alpe. Come on Zwift, you must address this fundamental issue asap.

same issue as A_Barron_R4CF. major impact on races right now. not good.

Using win 10, I am stuck with the Canyon Grail. When I select other bikes, the green check mark stays on the grail. Am only able to choose gravel wheels.

Please fix before I have to race again on a gravel bike.

1 Like

I had the bike change and name change not stick when I went from London to the WTRL TTT pen in New York last night. Switched from the Scott Addict RC to the Tron and started the TTT on the Scott.

Just putting my hand up. Me too. Luckily stuck on Tron though. Will try the several click suggestion later. Thanks in advance.

Just highlighting the reliable workaround that I found earlier today (edited again just now to identify which access route to the Garage is necessary).

Double-clicking seems to make it stick.

Also, when you click the “Close” button after making the change, it often spins for a while, thinking… at least in Windows. But if you just ESC out of the screens, it’s fast.

What a mess! Who tests this stuff?

6 Likes

Yup. Double clicking works, but only when accessing the garage via the ‘old’ way (paused menu), but not via the new homescreen garage icon. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thankfully this double click worked or that DIRT sprint session would have been disastrous for me on the Atheos :rofl:

Double clicking not working using AppleTv 4K remote. The saga continues :laughing:

1 Like

We’re the testers…

2 Likes

Hi everyone. I just installed the latest Zwift update and I can no longer switch bike frames. I am locked into using the default Zwift frame it gives you when you first start riding. I usually use the Ripley frame and I can select it in the garage. But when I start riding I’m back on the old Zwift frame again. Does anyone else have this problem?

Same here but I fired up Zwift on my iPad & the double tap worked on that. I almost had to do a Crit City on a gravel bike. One poor soul was on an MTB!!

1 Like

As the colleagues have said with double click if it works only make sure that the green check on the selected bike.

1 Like

Same on iPad.

Confirmed double-click desired bike to get the green check-box next to it. Seems to stick.

EDIT - on AppleTV, clicking twice seems to work but you may have to use the “BACK” arrow at the top left instead of “CLOSE” button at the bottom.

2 Likes

How about an update then

2 Likes

Also had this problem (Apple TV, iOS, and Windows) after having switched (successfully) to the Trek MTB in Makuri yesterday. After that I could not get back my Tron. I was stuck on the Bridgestone (first on the list). Eventually I could see that you could end up with lots of bikes with a green tick mark, and it seemed to get stuck on the first one in the list with the tick mark. (But I am not sure.) Anyway, somehow on the Nth try on all three platforms, after lots of blind clicking, and wasting about an hour with world hacks, and all sorts of other nonsense, I somehow ended up with the Tron.

Oh boy…HSRL in just over an hour and I can’t change my bike.
This fat lad is going to struggle even more around Richmond!

Win10 and have been double clicking like a loon.

@Local_TimePlease
Can you start a free ride and then get into the paused menu Garage before your event? If so, you should be able to do the double-click workaround on a frame there. Go back to your burner ride and if your choice has stuck, you’ll be okay for using that in your upcoming event. This also works on iOS and iPadOS if you have Zwift installed on devices running those. Wishing you luck.

1 Like